This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lead / Senior Pastor
HOPE Christian Fellowship
San Gabriel, California, United States
Date Posted: 12/09/2010
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a pastor with leadership, pastoral and administrative skills, and a record of strong church ministry. The ideal candidate should be a caring, servant leader who:
· Models an exemplary Christian lifestyle, especially love for Christ, for spouse and family, and for people, prayer, faith, holiness, evangelism, life in community, humility, generosity and active discipleship.
· Under Christ, serves the church as its primary spiritual leader, teacher shepherd and steward of its God-given vision.
· Has a strong vision for outreach both locally and globally.
· Along with church leaders, discerns and communicates vision, mobilizes resources and motivates others to engage their time and gifts to accomplish the vision of the church.
· Identifies and develops leaders; empowers both men and women to serve at all levels of leadership, ministry and proclamation according to their skills and gifting.
· Exegetes, proclaims and teaches the Word of God with depth in a skillful, authentic, warm and engaging manner, making the relevance of the Bible clear with meaningful applications.
· Provides spiritual, pastoral and managerial oversight of staff, mentors and develops them in their roles, and leads an effective and unified staff team in the ministry of the church.
· Values cell groups deeply; teaches and models this value with integrity and conviction.
· Leads the church in a growing understanding and experience of the work of the Holy Spirit with encouragement, patience and wisdom.
· Works well within a multicultural context, demonstrates active interest in other cultures and skill in cross-cultural communication.
The compensation package includes a competitive salary with benefits. You may submit your resume to: email@example.com
· Job category: Lead/Senior Pastor
· Job Status: Full time
· Education required: M. Div. or MA Theology or equivalent
· Experience required (years): 5 years in ministry; 2 years staff supervision
· Church: Non-denominational; presently considering denominational affiliation.
Pastor: Denominational affiliation open.
· Church Size: 200-300
· Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and Worship)