This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Music / Worship
Peninsula Baptist Church
Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 12/08/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for the music program of the church. Duties include planning worship services with a focus on music selection, leading choirs and worship teams. Works closely with the Senior Pastor and other pastoral staff in planning of worship services, church events or concerts. Selects and supervises the activities of other choir directors, worship leaders, organists, pianists, and other musicians (volunteer and/or paid). Recruits choir members, soloists and musicians for regular or special choirs and other musical programs. May direct one or more choirs and/or play instruments at worship services. Responsible for supervising sound, lighting, and other worship media staff/volunteers.
Other essential functions of the job are listed in the formal job description and will be communicated to qualified candidates.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Seminary degree preferred.
- Requires 5 years of ministry experience in music on a church staff or other music-related position
- Requires ability to play at least one musical instrument.
- Requires the ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
- Requires exceptional speaking skills and the ability to speak confidently before groups.
- Requires quality leadership skills.
- Requires exceptional administrative skills.
- Requires basic ability to use computer software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, worship software (including tracking licensing requirements)
- Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Should meet the Biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership – 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.
Submit resumes electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org . Resumes MUST include a statement of faith and personal testimony. Resumes without a statement of faith and personal testimony will be considered incomplete and discarded.
Peninsula Baptist Church was formed in 1983. The first building was completed in 1986 on Brawley School Road in Mooresville, NC. This Lake Norman community just north of Charlotte has seen tremendous growth over the years. Membership has increased from 49 to 1000+ since 1983. Two more building projects were completed in 1991 then 1998 adding an education wing, fellowship hall, and a family life center respectively. Adjacent property was purchased in 2002. Today the facilities total over 42,000 square feet on 32 acres. Currently the average attendance on Sunday morning is 500+.