This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Youth & Children's Ministries
Albany Baptist Church
Albany, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 03/06/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Associate Pastor of Youth & Children’s Ministries
• Job Description:
Albany Baptist Church is a body of believers that loves God and loves people as we strive to fully obey the Great Commission. At this time we are seeking to hire a full time Associate Pastor of Youth and Children’s Ministries. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing and executing a long-term vision for these ministries. He will provide overall leadership in developing and directing ministry to children from birth through grade twelve and their families. This will include evangelism, edification, discipleship, relationship building and such other ministry involvement that serves to attract children and their parents to Albany Baptist and ultimately to a saving faith in Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with Him.
• General Responsibilities:
- Be active in outreach to lost youth and children and their families in our church and community.
- Teach and exemplify the Biblical principle of being “saved to serve” both inside and outside the Church.
- Provide opportunities and activities for the youth to interact, fellowship and have fun on and off campus.
- Oversee each of the following ministries to give direction and supervision of existing staff and volunteers:
• Nursery/Child Care
• Children’s Church
• Sunday School
• Vacation Bible School
• Jr. & Sr. High Small Groups
- Recruit and Equip volunteers as needed.
- Preach, teach, and assist in pastoral care ministries or other ministry-related tasks as needed or as called upon by the Lead Pastor.
• Minimum Qualifications: Education, Skills and other requirements:
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A call to and passion for full time ministry.
- A married man, with a wife who will be an integral part of the youth and children’s ministries at ABC.
- A display of such desirable qualities as teamwork, cooperation, dependability, punctuality, accountability, organization, hard work, respect, humility, a sense of humor, a teachable spirit and staff loyalty.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A commitment to and agreement with the statement of beliefs on the church website at www.albanybaptist.org/about/believe.php
- The salary and compensation package will be based upon experience and education.
• For more information:
- Visit our website www.albanybaptist.org
• Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter in which they must state how they meet the minimum qualifications and requirements or they will not be considered.All resumes must be received by no later than April 7, 2011 Please note the original deadline was March 7, 2011 but has been extended. Due to this please be aware that other applicants are already in processing and this position could be filled at any time.