This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Kaw Prairie Community Church
Lenexa, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 12/04/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Kaw Prairie Community Church is a Willow Creek Association church with mainline denominational roots (Lutheran & Presbyterian), currently worshipping ~600/week. It has a current opening for a Director of Children’s Ministry. This part-time position is responsible for all programming related to children from birth through 5th grade. This includes Sunday morning programming for the Nursery and J.A.M.- Jesus And Me, arranging childcare for mid-week ministry programming, and coordinating special programming for elementary aged children. Please send resume to Shanna Tibbetts at email@example.com or call her at 913-226-5251.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministry
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for all programming related to children from birth through 5th grade. This includes Sunday morning programming for the Nursery and Jesus And Me (J.A.M.), arranging childcare for mid-week ministry programming, and coordinating special programming for elementary aged children.
-- Nursery Care
-- Jesus and Me (J.A.M.) 45-min. Kids Church/Sunday School program
-- Special Programming
-- Childcare Coordination for midweek events
* Supervise paid Nursery Staff, including hiring new staff as needed
* Assist Nursery Staff with creation and implementation of simple curriculum elements on Sunday morning
* Recruit and train adult and teen nursery volunteers, making sure that the nursery rooms are adequately staffed each Sunday
* Jesus and Me (J.A.M.)
* Recruit, train and lead volunteers that lead activities within J.A.M.: teaching, design, check-in, music, drama and Kingdom Kids
* Recruit and train adult and teen volunteers for all areas of J.A.M.
* Select and implement the annual curriculum teachings
* Communicate teaching curriculum information with teachers and families on a weekly basis through the midweek newsletter, emails and on the website
* Work with ministry leaders to determine childcare needs and funding
* Coordinate childcare providers and payment processes for each event
* Special Program
* Coordinate annual recurring ministry events for children, including but not limited to: Exploring Communion Retreat and 5th Grade Bible Gifting and Lock-in
* Provide a Vacation Bible School
* Support denomination camp experiences including Hollis Day Camp and Heartland Presbytery Camp
-- Have cheerful disposition and enthusiasm and the ability to work effectively with children and their parents as well as ministry volunteers
-- Excellent organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
-- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
-- Attend weekly staff meetings.