This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lead Pastor, Youth Ministries
Centre Street Church
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Date Posted: 12/03/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Lead Pastor of Youth Ministries will focus his/her energy on maximizing the potential of youth staff and lay leaders toward the spiritual and life growth of teens. Successful leadership will be demonstrated as the following outcomes are achieved:
• A functional team of staff and lay leaders will result in an increasing number of youth experiencing Biblical Community and a growing youth group.
• The vision and values contained in the Youth Ministries Handbook will be increasingly visible.
• An increasing number of teens are coming to know Christ as their personal Savior and Lord and are becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ exhibiting the 5 Guiding Principles of the CSC 2020 Vision.
• An increasing number of teens are staying engaged in the Christian faith beyond the 12th grade.
1. Models a passion for God, a love for all people, a life of personal holiness and prayer.
2. Passionate to help youth discover Jesus as Savior and to become fully devoted followers of Christ as Lord.
3. Spiritual gifts essential to the position must be evident in the areas of pastor/shepherding, leadership, teaching and evangelism
4. Demonstrated ability as a self-leader, leader of individuals, leader of teams and as an organizational leader.
5. Proven experience in and a high commitment to discipleship based youth ministry.
6. Proven ability as an effective communicator.
7. Post secondary education and relevant ministry experience.
8. Ordained pastor or is prepared to pursue credentialed status within two years of employment.
9. Good working knowledge of MS Office tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
10. Committed to a high work ethic and the demands associated with ministry
1. Understand, support and live out CSC’s Membership Covenant and Statements of Faith (as defined in the General Operating Bylaws and Letters Patent).
2. Adhere to and uphold the Personnel Policies, Team Values and Lifestyle Agreement of CSC.
3. Attract, empower, develop and retain volunteers.
4. Execute the role to the glory of God.
5. Be credentialed as a pastor.
1. Youth Ministry Lead Pastor (Time – 30%)
Provide ministry and operational leadership to the Central Campus Youth Ministry.
• Champion the vision for the youth ministry at Central Campus.
• Facilitate the crafting of an annual Strategic Ministry Plan, see that the plan is adequately resourced and ensure the plan is being applied throughout the ministry.
• Develop youth staff toward the successful achievement of their individual Accountability Agreements and to their personal growth plan.
• Evaluate the youth ministry on an ongoing basis against the Youth Ministry Handbook and cause corrections as needed.
• Provide direct leadership oversight to Youth Ministries at Central Campus including - Junior High and Senior High.
• Serve as the Pastor of Junior High, Senior High or to a significant ministry within the youth world at Central Campus.
• Serve on the Central Campus Strategic Ministries leadership team.
• Serve on the CSC Multi-site Youth Ministries team.
• Network with other Youth Pastors outside of CSC.
• Perform duties normal a pastor at CSC and participate fully in the life of the staff.
2. Pastoral leadership (Time – 60%)
Provide direct leadership and oversight to the development and implementation of a pastoral care system.
• Model pastoral engagement and care by personally shepherding an appropriate number of Super Groups.
• Ensure Super Groups are functioning at optimal levels.
• Ensure all Supergroup leaders receive care and coaching.
• Attend all Super Group events under his/her care on a systematic basis.
• Ensure every youth and their family is being “shepherded” that is, receiving pastoral support and care.
• Serve as the lead communicator at worship gatherings and other medium to large group experiences and that other communicators are being developed and utilized in a strategic manner.
• Connect with youth, small group leaders, host families/coaches and parents in Youth Ministries Super Groups on a weekly basis and trusting God for life change.
3. Strategic Initiatives (Time – 10%)
Provide project management leadership to strategic initiatives that arise from time time that will strengthen the ministry among our youth and the overall ministry of CSC.
• Facilitate the planning for the transition from youth services to multi-generational services.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of a strategy for the transitioning of children graduating from children’s ministries and teens graduating to the young adult ministry.
• Participate in the planning process for the facility expansion of the Central Campus.
4. Additional Staff and Leadership Expectations
Understand, adhere to and champion established staff culture and leadership standards.
• Follow established coaching and performance management models
• Actively participate in staff meetings, retreats, organizational development days, all-team days, membership meetings and special events designated by Senior Leadership as required.
CLOSING DATE: DECEMBER 31, 2010
**Please be advised that only candidates from Canada and the US will be considered for this position**