This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Praise and Worship
Clarkston Free Methodist Church
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 12/03/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Free Methodist
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
An overview of Clarkston Free Methodist Church
The mission of Clarkston Free Methodist Church is to “Love God, Love People, and Serve the World”
The Clarkston Free Methodist Church in Clarkston, Michigan is a 50+ year old congregation that is presently averaging 350+ individuals in two Sunday morning services. The fellowship is an intergenerational and diverse congregation.
The church is well on its way towards breaking into a new season of influence in the community. The congregation desires to genuinely love God, love people and serve the world. New ministries are being launched often. The church owns 38 acres near our present building and in God’s timing the congregation hopes to transition to a new facility there.
Clarkston Free Methodist Church is diverse and rich in regards to its musical heritage. A number of worship participants have professional training. The church is blessed in its giftedness. Both instrumental and vocal music are important components of worship and are reflected in our worship services.
In keeping with the vision and mission of Clarkston Free Methodist Church, we seek a Director of Praise and Worship that will encourage participation in corporate worship during regular services. He or she will help empower the congregation as well as our worship team members to convey God’s message to His people through the use of their gifts and talents, incorporating music and the arts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify and implement processes to foster continuous improvement and excellence in the area of worship.
2. Ensure all music activities encourage spiritual growth by looking at worship as a lifestyle whether traditional or contemporary.
3. Assist in identifying and developing spiritual gifts and talents within our congregation and worship team.
4. Serve in vital leadership role as part of worship team.
5. Lead worship services including both contemporary and traditional styles.
6. Plan, organize, and conduct/oversee rehearsals.
7. Provide administration of the audio/video ministry.
8. Administrate and develop multimedia tools used in worship and communication.
9. Plan and maintain the master worship schedule (includes finding alternative worship leaders if needed, worship team participants, sound technicians, special music and events).
10. Establish, plan, and share calendars for worship activities and ensure that it is coordinated with other areas of ministry.
11. Participate in staff meetings and designated ministry liaison areas, interfacing with Senior Pastor and Leadership Team.
12. Facilitate worship planning meetings.
13. Plan and organize social team building activities for worship participants (including an annual worship retreat).
14. Design long range plans for implementing drama, dance, instrumental and vocal music, visual arts, and other worship elements.
15. Identify and coordinate acquisition of resources needed for planned activities including: A. Purchase of required sheet music, drama materials, and equipment. B. Ensure maintenance of resources including the music library and care of instruments and equipment.
16. Assist with budget planning in the area of worship ministry.
17. Complete other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in music or worship arts (or equivalent experience)
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience as Director of Praise and Worship (or equivalent experience)
3. Skill Requirements:
a. Proven experience in leading and developing a comprehensive music program (including a variety of music styles and programs that involve youth, children, and adults)
b. Ability, personality, and graces needed to be a team player joining an existing team that is deeply committed to building a dynamic church
c. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
d. Must be able to communicate and demonstrate thoughts and skill on design of worship, flow of worship and sensitivity to the whole worship experience
e. Must be passionate in the area of music, worship, and artistic expression
f. Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
4. Spiritual Requirements:
a. The candidate must be in agreement with the doctrinal positions of the Free Methodist Church.
b. Set a positive Christian example in word, action, attitude, and relationship by showing a passion for Christ and the mission of the church.
c. Have a personal growing relationship with Jesus Christ. They are not to be a new convert.
d. Knowledge of the Bible and its concepts, committing to conduct ministry in accordance with biblical directives and commandments.
1. Experience in planning, organizing, rehearsing, and directing major Easter and Christmas programs.
2. Conducting experience (choral or instrumental).
3. Proficient use of music notation software (i.e. Finale or Sibelius)
4. Experience in music orchestration and arranging.
- Annual salary dependent upon credentials and experience
- Full health insurance benefits
- Expense account
- Housing allowance
For more information about our church, please visit www.clarkstonfmc.org.
Please send a cover letter, your resume and either a DVD or web link showing you leading worship to:
Gail Lake, Administrative Assistant
Clarkston Free Methodist Church
5482 Winell Street
Clarkston, MI 48346
Or send via email to email@example.com