Since 1949 the Union Gospel Mission has been reaching out to the homeless in Dallas
. We provide food, shelter, clothing and faith to 500+ men, women and children nightly. For many the mission is a place to enter, to seek shelter from the storm. For many others it’s a place to stay, to live, to become a healthy member of society with a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ.Purpose:
To provide Christ-centered, Bible-based counsel, education, and encouragement for general client population with specific emphasis on those who are a part of the program of discipleship at the Mission.The Center of Hope Women’s and Children’s shelter is seeking only a Woman for the Primary Chaplain position.Supervisor:
Center of Hope Women’s and Children’s shelter Education:
A bible college degree from an accredited evangelical bible college. Duties:
1. Review UGM rules and regulations with first-time clients of the Mission, making sure that the information given to us in the intake process is accurate and legible.
2. Maintain a pastoral relationship with all of the Mission's residents including providing regular counseling to program participants.
3. Maintain a caseload of program participants with responsibility for oversight and direction leading to spiritual growth and development.
4. Interview clients who have expressed interest in coming into discipleship programs.
5. Take part in review of progress and recommendations for program participants in their progression through steps of discipleship.
6. Share in activities involving clients and their children such as special events, holiday celebrations and birthdays.
8. Provide ministry to those who are in need of special attention during times of bereavement and or crisis.
9. Participate in the direction and placement of volunteers.
10. Teach bible classes as assigned in group settings to clients and long-term program residents.
11. Work some holidays.
12. Assist Director(s) in any other duties as requested.Qualifications:
1. A mature Christian woman who is able to rightly divide the word of God and teach others.
2. A person of high moral character and a good reputation in the community.
3. A member in good standing in a local church.
4. The ability to give sound counsel and direction to persons new in "the faith."
5. A person free of felony convictions or evidence of a sustained character change.
6. A person dedicated to a life which glorifies God.
7. A bible college degree from an accredited evangelical bible college.
8. A ready knowledge of the symptoms of substance use and abuse.To apply for this position please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to the Attention of Hazel Mays: email@example.com
And Copy These 2 Email Addresses Also: firstname.lastname@example.org