This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Leader-Student Ministry
Plano, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 12/01/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Part-Time
FUSION STUDENT MINISTRY
The Worship Leader is directly under the Student Pastor and is a member of the Fusion Staff. He/She will minister to the spiritual needs of Middle School and High School students attending Grace Community Church and reach out to those specific groups in the community. He/She is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support, and other appropriate ways as he/she serves the Lord Jesus Christ.
MISSION AND PURPOSE:
Fusion exists to REACH non-believing students, to CONNECT them with other Christians, to help them GROW in their faith, and to challenge the growing to SERVE in a ministry and HONOR God with their life.
• Spends time in prayer and Bible study on a daily basis.
• Is involved in personal discipleship, either small group or one-on-one.
• Is teachable, and willing to learn and grow from others.
• Takes one “renewal day” per month for personal and ministry reflection and planning.
• Stays current with ministry trends.
• Attends all staff meetings and retreats, as directed.
• Is at the church for regular worship services and special services.
• Is available to the students and families when needed.
• Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Provide leadership through various styles of music creating environments that allow students to participate in elements of worship.
• Continue to learn and grow as a worshiper by using various means to stay current and fresh.
• Recruit, develop, oversee, and equip students spiritually as they use their talents/gifts to participate in the music ministry within the Student Ministry.
• Oversee all Weekend Gatherings, as well as camps, retreats, and mission trips by providing appropriate worship for each environment.
• Is responsible for training, developing, and working with students who play or sing in the band.
• Coordinates and organizes all music for the use of the student ministry and the church.
• Schedule band practices, training opportunities, and assign weekly duties as it pertains to leading the music aspect of worship.
• Oversee the image of the student ministry by developing public relations with other GCC ministries, and developing a student worship team that incorporates the use of music and technology to create a worshipful atmosphere.
• Represent the Student Ministry well to our team leaders, parents, students, and the church.
• Represent Christ, the Church, and the Student Ministry well to our Community.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSTIONS, PLEASE SEND A RESUME & SAMPLE OF YOUR MUSIC (MP3, Facebook, DVD or Youtube link is fine)