This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship Technology
Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 11/22/2010
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP TECHNOLOGY
Are you called to serve in New England?
Can you join with our worship arts staff to lead the media and production area of our church at a high level, and bring creative and technical excellence to the on-stage and backstage elements of a multi-site, multi-service setting, and to cultivate a great media and production team at a growing church in Greater Boston?
Grace Chapel in Lexington, MA is looking for a Director of Worship Technology who has expertise or a working knowledge in sound, video production/editing, and lighting. We seek a person who will work to build and strengthen a team of volunteers and who is committed to producing the highest quality worship experiences through sound, media and lighting in a multi-campus church. This person should be comfortable in the production manager role and be a team builder.
• A solid calling to minister in a missional environment
• The ability to manage a large and growing media/production team
• The ability to develop, train, grow, and lead ministry teams
• A passion for expressing Bible truth in innovative ways
• A high level expertise in: sound reinforcement, lighting, video display, video production, broadcast technology in a multi-campus setting
• Ability to call creative camera shots
• Ability to utilize lighting in a creative way to create a particular atmosphere
• Ability to teach others to do what you do and know what you know
• A positive attitude
• A risk taker
• A passion for technical excellence
• A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
• A high commitment to the local church
• Must have experience in a church of 1000 or more
• Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary (holidays, etc.)
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. In the cover letter please include a LINK TO YOUR WORK. (i.e. videos you’ve produced, events you’ve directed, church services you’ve directed media teams to produce)
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should address the following:
1. Describe your spiritual journey and a description of how you came to personally know Jesus. In your description, include the significant life events and people that shaped you along the way.
2. How do you grow and sustain yourself spiritually? How do you maintain physical and emotional health?
3. What are your spiritual gifts as referenced in 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12, and Ephesians 4? If known, please also include your StrengthsFinder results.
4. Describe how your skills, knowledge, and experience make you a good fit for this position. If you have church/ministry experience, please include the size of your church, the size of your ministry, and if applicable the number of staff you supervise.
All correspondence regarding this position should be addressed to email@example.com. No phone calls, please