This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Member Search Committee
Cahaba Valley Church
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 11/20/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
Cahaba Valley Church
Children’s Minister. Part-time
Position summary: The goal of the Children's Ministry at Cahaba Valley Church is to provide opportunities for each child to experience the love of Jesus Christ and begin to develop their own Christian faith. The Children's Minister partners with the Children's Ministry Team to coordinate the activities of children ages 12 and under, to recruit volunteers, and to teach in the educational programs. The Children's Minister works to develop personal relationships with every child and family. A bachelor's degree in Christian education, ministry or similar area preferred but not required. This is a part-time position, estimated 20 hours/week.
• With the help of the Children’s Ministry Team, recruit and coordinate volunteers to teach Sunday school, children’s church, and Wednesday night activities.
• Meet once a month with the Children’s Ministry Team to coordinate and delegate responsibilities and devise strategies for growth and program implementation.
• Select age-appropriate curriculum for Sunday school, Children’s Church and Wednesday night lesson time. When appropriate, coordinate curriculum needs with teachers.
• Develop a meaningful individual relationship with each child who comes through the doors of Cahaba Valley Church, as time and size of the program permit.
• Teach either Sunday school or Wednesday night class once weekly.
• Teach children’s church twice monthly; ensure volunteers are prepared to teach during remaining Sundays.
• Develop and implement an outreach strategy targeted at connecting with children ages 12 and under in the community around Cahaba Valley Church. This may include, but not be limited to the formation of a Backyard Bible Club. Outreach strategy should be coordinated with the minister of Cahaba Valley Church and should take place within the first six months after hiring.
• Plan, coordinate and recruit volunteers for extracurricular activities for children, including, but not limited to Vacation Bible School and seasonal gatherings.
• Maintain contact with children who are absent or who attend infrequently. Spend one-on-one time with each child in the program at least once a year.
Application deadline: December 31, 2010.
Send resumes by e-mail to email@example.com.
Cahaba Valley Church is located in North Shelby County at 5099 Caldwell Mill Road. Learn more about us at www.cahabavalley.org.