We are accepting applications for our Student Ministry Director position. Reporting Relationships:
The Student Ministry Director will report to the Groups PastorFunctions:
To be the visionary leader for Student Ministry, facilitating the development and implementation of effective ministry to students (7th – 12th grade) and their families. To intentionally lead staff and volunteer teams to develop students to think, love, serve and live like Jesus through weekend and mid-week gatherings/teachings. Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement strategies to engage students to think, love, serve and live like Jesus through mid-week, weekend, and special services/events
• Facilitate a visioning process to move staff and volunteer leaders in a common, aligning direction consistent with the mission, vision and core values of Ridge Point
• Lead and empower volunteers to engage and disciple students
• Be proactive in understanding the culture surrounding today’s generation of students and their families.
• Continually evaluate and strengthen connections between the church and families with students through intentional and consistent communication with parents
• Continually evaluate trends in Student Ministry, implementing the best quality program that we can offer to students and families while evaluating sustainability and impact
• Empower parents in their roles as the spiritual leaders of their families and provide leadership to parents/students exploring Declaration of Faith
• Empower volunteer leaders in the coordination of retreats and other special eventsQualifications:
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior, that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God as described in the Bible
• Beliefs consistent with Ridge Point’s “Statement of Belief”
• Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed
• Genuine servant-hood, faith-centeredness, and spiritual maturity
• Spiritual gifts of leadership, shepherding, and encouragement
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and empower volunteer leaders in healthy ways which promote their spiritual growth
• Effective communicator with public speaking experience
• Eagerness to have a visible presence in the faith community
• Member or willing to become a member of Ridge Point Church within 6 months of employmentExperience:
• Preferred experience in leading successful church student ministry
• Preferred proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate volunteer teams
• B.A. or equivalent experience required (preferred Education or Ministry degree)Applications MUST be received to be considered for this position:
Resumes alone are not sufficient .You may access the application on the site by using this link Employment Application>
Application deadline is December 6, 2010.
Please Email to email@example.com
An Email received WITHOUT the Application will not be considered.
Mail to Ridge Point Church, Attn: HR, 340 104th Ave, Holland, MI 49423.