This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Elementary Discipleship Pastor
Savannah Christian Church
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 01/18/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
*If you are interested in this position please go to the Employment page at www.savannahchristian.com. On this page you will find all of our open positions and a link to our Career Center to apply electronically.
Elementary Discipleship Pastor
Children’s Ministry Team
Future Generations Department
Reports To: Children’s Ministry Team Leader
Category of Employment: Pastoral; Full-time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry seasons.
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively serving in pastoral leadership in the Future Generations Department by overseeing, leading, directing, and developing the SWAT Team program and Discipleship groups of the Elementary Children’s Ministry, as well as ministering to the pastoral and spiritual needs of those involved.
1. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in Children’s ministry.
2. Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry, have strong teaching gifts, and a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of people. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must possess effective written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
4. Physical Demands:
a. Activities with children, including sports and games of a physical nature.
b. Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
c. Operation of church vehicles.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Savannah Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
• Lead, teach, preach, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the SWAT Team program and Discipleship groups of the Elementary Children’s Ministry.
• Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
• Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the SWAT Team program and Discipleship groups of the Elementary Children’s Ministry.
• Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
• Train, schedule, equip and evaluate staff of the Elementary Ministry.
• Propose and administer annual budgets.
• Participation in weekly “Pastor’s Lunch” and monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Provide organizational structure for the SWAT Teams (service teams which include the Praise Team, Tech Team, Drama Team, Secret Service Team, Greeter Team and the Kids Town Team as well as any future teams) in the Elementary Ministry for weekends and Wednesday nights.
• Plan and execute programming for the designated hour on Saturdays and Sundays, including discipleship groups, teaching, worship, and executing all SWAT Program activities in K-5th grade.
• Develop, plan, and oversee the 4th/5th grade discipleship retreat, SWAT service projects and musical.
• Work with the Elementary Pastors to ensure all programs, events and curriculum adheres to SCC Kidz vision and values.
• Work with the Elementary pastors on special events, such as Patchville and the volunteer banquet.
• Work closely with the Elementary staff in evaluating, planning, and gathering resources for all events as needed.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.