This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 11/17/2010
Categories: Business/Administration - Secretarial/Office
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Holy Trinity Church, Chicago is a multi-congregational church with a vision to see the city of Chicago transformed by the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are just over a decade old as a church, nondemoninational yet theologically Reformed, missional, and intentionally city-centric. We are searching for a high capacity, energetic, quick-learning, organized, urbanite person to provide administrative support to our growing ministries.
Position Summary: HTC’s church administrator, under pastoral supervision, will be responsible for comprehensive, effective, efficient corporate church administration, regional congregational support and financial administrative assistance.
• A person of honor and integrity
• Team player with excellent relationship skills
• Bachelor’s degree and/or work experience with at least 3-5 years preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Pleasing personal demeanor with a willing, positive attitude
• Demonstrated administrative skills with work verifiable work history
• Strong organizational and management skills, to include supervision and delegation
• Ability to initiate and follow through on responsibilities with little to no supervision and often times independently
• Proficiency in office software, Internet, Windows, Microsoft Office; helpful (but not necessarily required) Adobe Acrobat, In Design, Dreamweaver, PhotoShop.
• Proficiency in web/print design and implementation
A. Church Administration
• Stay up-to-date with all ministries and the mission and activities of each
• Produce HTC newsletter 6 times a year and includes: gathering ideas, recruiting authors, design and lay-out, general editing, production and mailing
• Produce church directory once a year
• Keep all church documents current, including visitor information book, members, etc.
• Manage and maintain budget for the Session
• Track reimbursements for pastors, self and any other purchases as necessary
• Submit receipts and reimbursements to Treasurer.
• Order, manage and maintain office supplies, equipment, and keys
• Facilitate technology needs for HTC, pastors and staff including:
o anti-virus software
o -network solutions
• Maintain copy, fax, folding machines and all other HTC technology
• Take all incoming calls for office.
• Check voicemail and respond to all calls.
• Initiate, manage and respond to all emails in a timely fashion.
• Actively manage aspects of the HTC website
• Communicate weekly with all ministry leads and send weekly reminder email to all volunteers in various HTC ministries, including those involved in Family Life
• Be a resource for the general public, congregation, staff and interns
B. Regional Congregational Support
• Assemble and update DT bulletin board and worship folder
• Plan and coordinate DT Family Life schedule with DT pastors and staff;
• Manage and maintain church calendar ensuring events do not conflict for all HTC ministries
• Receive and process guest cards from Sunday services and initiate proper follow-up
• Manage church database using ACS
• Facilitate and coordinate details for ministries and events, such as (but not limited to: Gospel Class, Chicago Plan, Neighborhood Groups, Leadership Community, staff retreats, church meals, youth group, monthly Session meetings, etc.)
• Design pieces for Sunday services, events, etc.
• Update advertising in Chicagoland newspapers
• Receive sermons CDs from Downtown (and other regions as necessary) service weekly
• Transfer and save files in appropriate format on computer
• Post up-to-date sermon website
• Label and store CDs
C. Financial Administrative Assistance
• Prepare and process check requests as needed
• Process and print checks as requested
• Secure signatures as needed
• Forty (40) hour work week
• 8:30 to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday
• Some flexibility is required with regard to hours and assignments (time off during the week strategic to the individual so as to compensate for any Sunday work)
• Regular attendance/membership in our church on Sundays is strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefit Package:
• HTC will offer a competitive salary and health insurance package
Job Performance Review:
• Thirty days after start date and annual job performance.
Cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.