This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Technology
Harmony Hill Baptist Church
Lufkin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/17/2010
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Technology
The fellowship of Harmony Hill is currently seeking a full-time Director of Technology. Our church has approximately 850 regular attendees in a county of over 100,000 people.
The purpose of the Director of Technology is to support the ministries of Harmony Hill Baptist Church. Our goal is for people to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ and to see people come to L.I.F.E. Technology support is essential to reaching this goal.
The Director of Technology will build and lead teams of volunteers, utilizing their gifts so that the ministry is shared and expanded. A proven track record of effective leadership in Technology is essential.
The Director of Technology should meet the following personal and spiritual qualifications:
- Be able to express a personal salvation experience of faith in Jesus Christ
- Have a daily time with the Lord
- Must have integrity, high moral values, a strong work ethic and be dependable
- A full working knowledge of live production and multimedia as well as good troubleshooting skills
- College degree
- At least 3 years of part-time or full-time experience leading and supervising technology teams
- A high level of motivation and personal accountability
- Follows the Biblical model of stewardship through tithing
- A team player with a high energy level and readiness to take on this significant challenge
- Must have the ability to plan, budget, delegate, and meet deadlines on time
- Must be in full agreement with the doctrine and teachings of the church
The following list outlines the general responsibilities of the Director of Technology:
1. Oversee and Lead all aspects of the Technology
-Audio, video, lighting, staging, projection, video editing, IT, web-site, etc.
2. Work closely with Senior Pastor and Worship Pastors to produce an excellent audio/visual worship environment
3. To assure equipment is prepared and in working order for Sunday Services.
4. Manage the system of video editing of weekly services
5. Recruit and equip volunteers for all technical areas
6. Create and maintain a schedule of Volunteer teams
7. Provide tech support for all weekend services as well as non-Sunday events
8. Oversee the development and maintenance of Internet media
9. Maintain inventory of all equipment including a plan for scheduled replacements
10. Oversee the budget and financial decisions for Technology Department
11. Maintain and repair all church owned computer equipment with proper and updated software, and replace hardware as needed. Work with and secure outside technical support if needed. Make backups to server on a weekly basis.
12. Support and assist the individual ministries with the production of resource material and/or video media
13. Establish systems of excellence within all aspects of Technology
14. Accountability to all administrative policies and procedures
15. To perform other duties as assigned