This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of El Puente (Spanish Church)
The Bridge Evangelical Free Church
Fresno, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/23/2011
Categories: Other Pastor - Senior Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Bridge Evangelical Free Church holds eight services each Sunday in three languages for approximately 1,900 people. This position is for our much smaller, but growing, Spanish "church-within-a-church" ministry.
NOTE: ALL RESUMES MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH and in PDF or WORD format.
Pastor/Shepherd a Spanish speaking flock.
General Pastoral Role:
• Serve as the primary teaching-shepherd and leader of El Puente. Provide spiritual & organizational leadership that will help The Bridge’s Spanish-speaking church grow & flourish
• Offer pastoral counseling & care to those involved in El Puente
• Together with the El Puente Leadership Team, coordinate & oversee the worship, fellowship, discipleship, leadership-training and evangelistic outreach of El Puente
• Recruit, train, motivate and nurture members of El Puente for effective ministry
• Actively teach biblical stewardship & financial self-sufficiency of El Puente
Church Vision & Alignment:
• Attend weekly Senior Staff meetings of The Bridge to assure ministry alignment between The Bridge & El Puente regarding the mission, vision & strategy.
• Work with appropriate Bridge ministry staff members to develop joint Connect, Grow, Serve & Reach projects.
• Encourage those who attend El Puente to develop healthy relationships with other attendees of The Bridge.
• Regularly participate in evangelistic campaigns & outreach opportunities in the community.
• Train the attendees of El Puente how to effectively share their faith.
• Work toward the goal of El Puente becoming a church-planting movement for the Central Valley of California, modeling the “church-within-a-church” philosophy.
Accountability: Pastor of Community Life
Note: The person who fills this position must be able to speak & write in both English and Spanish and work with an established Advisory (leadership) Team to share ministry responsibilities.