This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Covenant Church of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 11/12/2010
Categories: Business/Administration - Non-ministry Jobs
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
A non profit organization located in Mt. Airy, Philadelphia, PA, is seeking a Staff Accountant to perform accounting tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. Our organization is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, dependable individual, who is a quick learner and has the ability to work independently.
Our ideal candidate should have proven experience working in a fast paced non profit environment. This indvidual should also have a strong work ethic, be able to multi task and to work with individuals at all levels of the organization. This is a great opportunity for someone in the accounting field who is willing and eager to grow and learn.
Responsibilitites include but are not limited to:
* Develop and maintain budgeted account definitions.
* Provide managers with the most current chart of accounts of their department(s).
* Code invoices and check request forms.
* Enter all approved invoices and check request into the A/P System.
* Obtain and maintain a proper record of independent contractors.
* Submit a weekly print out of invoices to the Comptroller.
* Prepare year-end 1099 tax form for independent contractors.
* Establish a pick- up system for checks.
* Review vendor files to assure all information is complete and maintain a vendor filing system.
* Monitor and perform reconciliation of petty cash.
* Post monthly journal entries.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. Knowledgeable in generally accepted accounting principles.
3. 1-3 years’ practical experience of A/P processing.
4. Experience with accounting software.
1. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office( advanced Excel skills) and
2. Internet skills.
3. Strong analytical skills.
4. Practical G/L experience, specifically the A/P module.
5. Solid organizational skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer competitive salary plus 403 (b), medical, dental, life and disability insurance.