This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Geneva Presbyterian Church
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 11/09/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Geneva Presbyterian Church:
Defining Vision: Trusting God, Nourishing People, Encouraging All in a Christ-Centered Walk.
Title: Director of Student Ministries
To enjoin the work of Jesus Christ in the church by building and sustaining a ministry focused on Middle and High School students within the Geneva Presbyterian Church family and the surrounding community that leads people, especially youth, toward “trusting God, nourishing people, and encouraging all in a Christ-centered walk.”
Directly accountable to the Pastor/Head of Staff.
Full time salaried position based on 40 hours per week
$35,000 to $40,000 plus professional expenses
The position includes five part-time days sick leave and five part-time days paid vacation per year available after the first six months of employment; and eight paid holidays as follows: 1) New Years Day, 2) Memorial Day, 3) Independence Day, 4) Labor Day, 5) Thanksgiving Day, 6) Thanksgiving Friday, 7) Christmas Day, and 8) New Years Eve. If the Holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, a day within one week may be substituted for the holiday; Optional Medical and Retirement benefits are available through PC(USA) Board of Pensions.
• A love for Jesus and through him believing in one Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• Affirmation that the scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the unique and authoritative witness to Jesus Christ in the Church and God’s Word to you.
• A willingness to serve the people of the church, especially youth and those in fellowship with them with your energy, intelligence, imagination, and love.
• A willingness to commit to being a part of the common life and worship of Geneva Presbyterian Church, in accordance with the church’s defining vision.
• A passion for students and a desire for these students to have life changing/shaping experiences with God, one another, and in the world.
• A joy that comes from leading and encouraging both youth and adult leaders in a Christ-centered walk.
• A strategic mind and a proven ability to work with a team of volunteers.
• The ability to develop a church based youth ministry that is truly spiritual – attractive, fun, and inviting and also serious, worshipful, mission minded, and truly a part of the church.
• The natural ability to attract, recruit, lead and equip talented small group leader volunteers.
• The ability to exhibit a compelling "platform" presence (are you comfortable in front of groups)
• An enjoyment and appreciation of teaching the faith and working with curriculum.
• A willingness to live in or near NW St. John’s County and invest yourself in the church and community.
• in order to be a part of the common life and worship of Geneva Presbyterian Church,
• A commitment to growing personally in your relationship with Jesus Christ, to deepening your knowledge of the Christian faith, and to integrity in your personal life and relationships.
• A commitment to a ministry of prayer, especially for those in your ministry.
• A commitment to sustaining practices to strengthen your own spiritual health as well as fostering the spiritual health of those in your ministry.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience in youth ministry
• The ability to select and work with curriculum and coordinate volunteers.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop ministries that encourage and equip the youth, their parents, and other youth workers to live out their faith.
• Strategically build on the foundation of the existing youth program.
• Develop strategies to make the most of youth ventures, camps, and mission trips in order to encourage youth and adult volunteers in a deeper walk with Christ.
• Seek out and be in contact with Geneva’s youth in their world (school, sports, gathering spots, etc.)
• Seek out and build relationships with other youth that God places in your path.
• Work on and within a budget as a good steward of God’s resources, demonstrating appreciation for the sacrifices people have made to join God in his work in the whole church.
• Support and participate in fund-raising activities.
• Participation in the church’s prayer gathering.
• Regular attendance and participation in staff and planning meetings.
• Trying diligently to promote peace, unity, and purity in the church.
Reports directly to the Pastor/Head of Staff and ultimately to the board of elders (the session), resources the Christian Education Committee and Youth Ministry Team.
An annual performance review will be conducted by the Personnel Committee and the Pastor/Head of Staff.
All interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com. God Bless!