This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ministry Coordinator & Worship Leader
Akron First United Methodist Church
Akron, New York, United States
Date Posted: 11/09/2010
Categories: Christian Education - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Posting: Ministry Coordinator / Worship Leader
We are searching for two individuals OR one individual who is able to do both jobs.
The Ministry Coordinator will ensure that various programming needs of the church are provided for either through direct supervision and oversight or delegation to volunteers. They will work closely with the Senior Pastor to address ongoing needs of the church and community. This person must have a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a passion for the work of the local church. Creativy and out of the box thinking is encouraged!
Education Required: High School
10 hours per week (in addition to Sunday mornings) (flexible schedule)
Areas of Oversight:
1. Kids’ Worship: Ensure volunteers are secured and scheduled for each week; order curriculum as needed; schedule meetings as needed to assess overall health of program; provide training for volunteers as needed.
2. Youth: Organize weekly meetings; plan larger events monthly or every other month; keep youth connected with denominational youth events.
3. VBS (Seasonal): Hold organizational meetings several months in advance; Ensure program runs smoothly either through direct supervision or delegation of the responsibility.
4. Family Ministries: Organize a Family Ministry event quarterly; Organize a series of Family Nights twice a year
5. Additional programming responsibilities as given by the Pastor within the hours required.
Responsible for selection of contemporary songs for our early service, for practicing with other musicians on a weekly basis, and for leading that service every Sunday. Must correspond with the pastor regarding planning regularly.
- A PERSON ABLE TO HANDLE BOTH RESPONSIBILITIES: 12,700 YEAR
- MINISTRY COORDINATOR ONLY: 7,500 YEAR
- WORSHIP LEADER ONLY: 100/WEEK
To apply please send resume with references to:
Rev. Dr. Keith A. Manry
7 Church Street
Akron, NY 14001
Resumes will be received until the position is filled. Applicant to begin as soon as possible.
Applicant must be willing to complete a background check.
The Mission of the Akron First United Methodist Church is to
transform the world by reaching, teaching, and preaching.