This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Human Resources Coordinator
Northwest Bible Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/09/2010
Categories: Business/Administration - Non-ministry Jobs
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Please complete an Employment Application on our website: www.northwestbible.org/jobs. Please submit application, resume and cover letter to: Tina Johnson at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 214-265-1609.
Human Resources Coordinator
Reports To: Minister of Administration
Works with: Director of Financial Services, Bookkeeper, Database Coordinator, Vendors, Ministerial & Support Staff, Congregation and outside job applicants
Scope: To coordinate and guide the Human Resources functions of the church; and to provide general support for the Administration Department.
• Manage the hiring and terminating employee processes including: advertising/recruiting, job descriptions, employment applications, interviewing, reference and background checks, new hire paperwork, release agreements, orientations, exit interviews.
• Process payroll including: personnel and pay changes, deductions and benefits, timesheets, sick time, vacation time, overtime, fringe benefits, Christmas checks, W-2s.
• Maintain updated personnel records including: staff Outlook folders, payroll records, personnel files, salary administration, performance evaluations, verification of employment, loan applications, garnishments, housing allowance.
• Prepare and distribute church holiday schedule and notices, send reminders of staff lunch and recognition notices and other staff events such as Staff Christmas party and farewell parties. Purchase anniversary gifts and cards to be presented at staff lunches.
• Administer health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, medical savings plan, pension plan, 403(b) plan and worker’s comp offered to new full-time employees and at enrollment periods. Approve and submit for payment the monthly insurance bills.
• Process and release bank files for direct deposit of FLEX checks, prepare Flex Plan file and bi-weekly submission to TaxSaver.
• Process and electronically transmit 403(b) Plan bi-weekly.
• Prepare and submit Annual Census for Defined Benefits Plan.
• Prepare and submit Annual Human Resources Budget Plan.
• Provide assistance as needed in the areas of: counting offering and miscellaneous deposits on Mondays, serving as backup for the Contributions / AP Processor and Bookkeeper.
• Open and review bank statements and checks cleared, A/P checks, budget and process invoices, work with bank accounts.
• Prepare and submit various church surveys throughout the year.
• Route all mail and send appropriate correspondence, return phone calls that are delegated by the Minister of Administration.
• Prepare and process appropriate purchases and check requests.
• Coordinate and facilitate occasional luncheons and meetings.
• Update Policies and Procedures including the Employee Handbook.
• Build relationships and network with other local churches’ Human Resources professionals.
• Communicate with insurance agent regarding: insurance claims, general liability questions, van insurance, filing of certificates of insurance and WC-83 forms, annual worker’s comp audit and property inspection.
• Communicate with church attorneys as necessary regarding employee labor issues and other personnel issues that arise.