This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Maryland Heights, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 11/09/2010
Categories: Media/Technology - Non-ministry Jobs
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Thisis an entry level position. The individual will maintain the church website so that information on the web is current, activities and events are properly promoted, and the church priorities are reflected in our online presence. This will involve the writing of short promotional ads, short feature articles and ministry/event descriptions. The individual will also design banners and ads for the various pages and events using Photoshop and stock photography. This individual will also assist with a variety of print publications.
• Excellent writing skills, including expertise in grammar, punctuation and the ability to write persuasively and entertainingly
• Moderate Photoshop and design skills — Candidates must be able to make simple ads.
• Familiarity with HTML — The church website uses a customized CMS, reducing the need for regular HTML work. Candidates must, however, understand HTML well enough to be able to know when and how to tweak code for certain applications.
• Ability to work with people, deadlines, and multiple overlapping assignments
• Bachelor degree in writing, communication, English or comparable field
Candidates need to comprehend and support the mission and strategy of the church. Grace is a non-denominational church dedicated to the gospel of Jesus Christ as found in the Bible. Our Mission is to reach unchurched people in the metro area, lead them to Christ and help them become fully devoted followers of Him. To do that we employ a combination of interpersonal and invitational styles of evangelism, meaning that church members are encouraged to reflect God’s love in their relationships with neighbors, coworkers and others. Then, whenever opportunity presents, they are to invite others to visit the weekend services at Grace, which are carefully designed to be understandable and beneficial to visitors regardless of their church background. Our aim is to win people to Christ not in a day, but over an extended period of time as they are exposed to ongoing worship, teaching, and personal relationships with Christians. Prefer someone in metro area.
If interested, candidates should send a resume, photo, along with a list of references and salary requirements to email@example.com.