This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Business Development
Enough Is Enough
Reston, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 11/05/2010
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Director of Business Development
Salary: $65,000 plus performance incentives
Job Location: Reston, Virginia
Education: Bachelors Degree.
Job Category: Fundraising and Development; Marketing and Sales
Sector: Not Profit
Start Date: Immediately
Enough Is Enough (EIE), a non-partisan, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, emerged in 1994 as the national leader on the front lines to make the Internet safer for children and families. Since then, EIE has pioneered and led the effort to confront online pornography, child pornography, child stalking and sexual predation with innovative initiatives and effective communications.
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for the development of revenue producing initiatives that promote the primary goals of the organization in both online and traditional offline environments. This involves in developing, coordinating, and implementing our plan for strategic program partnerships, marketing and sales, and branding opportunities. The sales and marketing of EIE’s multi-media Internet Safety 101 program for parents, educators, law enforcement and other caring adults is a key function of this position. Additionally, this position is responsible for working with the CEO in all fundraising initiatives including.
These duties and responsibilities require that the Director of Business Development to actively build, strengthen, and formalize relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including public and private sector service providers; local, state, and federal government leaders; corporations; charitable foundations; faith-based organizations; and representatives from corollary systems such as criminal justice, education, and the technology industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Development is responsible for maintaining existing and creating new sources of funding and revenue through the following:
1. Program sales (direct and thru channel partners)
"Develop a sustaining funding program and secure new funds from grassroots individual donors, hi-net worth individuals, corporations, foundations and government agencies.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Identify future partnership / alliance opportunities that meet corporate goals and objectives.
• Secure new corporate sponsors/partners
• Maintain and manage existing and new portfolio of industry relationships and sponsors/partners
• Develop, negotiate, and conclude strategic partnerships and alliance agreements.
• Implement marketing, sales and branding program to maximize distribution of EIE programs and services
• Manage marketing efforts surrounding Internet Safety 101 program sales
• Prepare partner and funding proposals
• Lead grant writing efforts
• Oversee partner branding and co-branding relationships
• Formalize and track MOUs and agreements with partners
• Maintain accurate and consistent documentation of partnerships /alliances
• Develop goals and strategies for stakeholder relationships.
• Monitor Internet industry trends and Internet safety best practices.
• Network within Internet Safety community and attend related forums, as needed.
• Work closely with EIE executive team to identify and develop corporate growth and implementation strategies, and product placement
• Provide weekly updates to EIE management on all activities
• Oversee 101 program distribution via fulfillment vendor
Skills and Experience
• Effective communicator with high level of "gravitas" and polish.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop and sustain professional relationships.
• Creative ability to develop innovative and effective marketing strategies.
• Strong administrative skills to manage complex, high-profile programs and initiatives.
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
• Outstanding verbal and written skills with ability to present concise program summaries.
• Proposal and grant writing experience
• At least 5-7 years experience in sales, marketing, partnership management, business development, and non-profit fundraising.
• Proven track record in fundraising activities
• Experience in marketing and distribution of educational curriculums for parents and educators a plus
• Proven success in partnership development, negotiation, and implementation.
• Ability to work well in fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Sufficient knowledge to be conversant on Internet safety issues and initiatives.
• Broad understanding of the Internet Safety industry, with solid working knowledge of traditional marketing, viral marketing, sales, market research, and new product development
• Specific experience in creating and evaluating commercial strategy for creating brands, including: Positioning, Segmentation, Promotion, Forecasting, and Assessment of commercial opportunities.
Enough Is Enough (EIE) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
For further information about Enough Is Enough, please visit our websites at www.enough.org and internetsafety101.org. Please submit resume to Lillian Schoeppler at email@example.com.