This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Family Church
Antioch, California, United States
Date Posted: 11/05/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
First Family Church was started in 2000. We minister to the cities of Antioch, Oakley, and Brentwood in the eastern part of California’s Bay Area. We are a Southern Baptist Church by association, and therefore prefer someone who does not embrace the special sign gifts, such as speaking and interpreting tongues. We have 2 identical services on Sunday mornings which have a strong emphasis on biblical expository teaching with a focus towards practical application. Our music is vibrant, strongly contemporary, and theologically sound.
The songs that have moved our hearts come from the likes of Desperation Band/New Life Worship, Gateway Worship, Hillsong United, Charlie Hall, and other Passion artists. We are strongly contemporary in our sound (rock-oriented) but we also like to bring the music down a bit and just have the piano play something meditative once in awhile. The right candidate must be able to function comfortably at both ends of this spectrum. Also, we are not afraid to do hymns, whether rearranged or traditional, as we believe that they can make a significant contribution to today's modern worship. We like to use a worship choir some too (roughly every 6 weeks). This is not your traditional choir, we like to sing loudly and passionately, and have used the choir to do songs by Hillsong United and New Life Worship. -extensive choir experience not required
We have a very strong worship team in place with very gifted musicians in EVERY spot on the band (piano, keyboard/b3, bass, drums, electric/lead guitar). The ideal worship leader will have strong vocal capabilities, though you certainly need not be an all-star soloist, and will (preferably) be able to lead from the acoustic guitar.
We are looking for someone who is a committed follower and passionate worshiper of Jesus Christ. This person must also have solid leadership skills, with a strong and engaging stage presence, and who is also team-oriented. We don't have a democracy here, but the preference is for someone who appreciates, values, and incorporates ideas that other people may offer, whether musical or creative in nature. This band is very capable of helping work out creative ideas to help move people into God's presence.
You must also have a working knowledge of various aspects of audio/visual systems. We have a video venue and also upload all messages to our website so it is important that the candidate be able to understand many of the a/v concepts and workings. Such specific topics are PowerPoint, video mixing (using a Panasonic MX-70), projection systems, DVR with HDD and DVD burner, Mackey TT-24 sound board, Aviom in-ear monitoring system, as well as the ability to work with a Mac.
This position acts as part of the pastoral staff at FFC and thus is expected to contribute to the pastoral duties. The Worship Leader must have a heart for God, helping people draw closer to Him, and also have the ability to shepherd those in the music and technical ministry.
• manage volunteer schedules for rotations
• plan services with other pastoral staff
• rehearse with the worship team once during the week and Sunday mornings.
• lead worship in weekend services
• shepherd all ministry volunteers
• locate and teach new songs to the worship team and congregation
• A personal vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Acceptance and endorsement of the Bible as the infallible Word of God
• Passion for engaging the church in worship
• Worship and musical leadership that causes others to follow
• Skilled and gifted as a vocalist and instrumentalist
• Ability to provide clear musical direction and leadership to worship team members
• Competence with modern worship music
• Pastoral heart
• Visionary leader who is passionate, committed, flexible, and organized.
If you believe that you could be the next Lead Worshiper at FFC then please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com
You can learn more about our church at www.firstfamily.us. Please be sure to include either a video attachment or a link to YouTube or Vimeo of you leading worship. We will evaluate your application in a timely manner.
• Salary: to be determined
• Job Category: Worship Leader
• Pay to relocate: Negotiable
• Job Status: Part-time with full-time potential
• Education required: High school minimum, college preferred
• Experience required (years): 2