This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sand Springs, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 11/02/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Do kids give you energy rather than zap it from you? Are you on fire with passion for God and would love nothing more than to see kids’ lives changed through Him? Would it excite you to be a part of the team that makes one of the most dynamic kids’ ministries happen every week? If so, we’d like to talk to you!
Word of Life is one of the largest, fastest growing, charismatic word of faith churches in Sand Springs, Oklahoma. If you’re a natural born leader and a kid at heart with a heart for kids, keep reading for the specifics:
• A people person who can connect well with staff, volunteers and parents as well as kids
• Knowledgeable in the needs of children and their development and willing to maintain ongoing education
• Experienced in working with children and adults of various ages and have some management background
• Able to communicate exceptionally well, both verbally and written
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and have understanding of basic office equipment
• Extremely adept at managing your time
• So passionate about the ministry that you don't mind working weekends
• Committed long-term and dedicated to the WOLKids vision
• Able to commit to the core values of Word of Life and willing to meet partnership requirements
You will be...
• Required to work at all weekend worship events
• Required to work during all worship events on Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership
• Leading teams of non-paid volunteers who make up the WOLKids team
• Working under the leadership of and partnering with the senior pastor to fulfill the vision of WOLKids
• Leading and overseeing the weekend WOLKids ministry; opening and closing the WOLKids area, ensuring adequate coverage and facilitating all weekend worship
• Responsible to have full knowledge of the WOLKids ministries in order to appropriately lead the team who directly facilitates activities
• Responsible to have full knowledge of the training, orientation and observation of WOLKids team members during weekend worship in order to appropriately facilitate these activities
• Planning and organizing all church-specific events or efforts in cooperation with central leadership, support team and senior pastor
• In attendance of all required church-specific events as directed by the senior pastor, central leadership, support team and/or Word of Life leadership.
If you're convinced you're the right person for the job, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and convince us!!