POSITION TITLE: Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministries
REPORTS TO: Family Ministries Pastor
The Children’s Pastor/Director provides direction and oversight for the entire "Big Story Kids" ministry at Riverside Church (infant – 5th grade). Riverside Church offers full children’s programming for two services on Sunday mornings, currently averaging 200 children in each service.
The Children’s Pastor/Director provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff, including a full-time Elementary Director (grades 1-5), part-time Nursery Director (infant – 2 years) and numerous student and adult volunteer workers. This position is also directly responsible for all Early Childhood Ministries (3 years – kindergarten).
The Children’s Pastor/Director works closely with the Family Ministries Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
* Previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (full or part-time staff
members and/or a large volunteer team of 50+ volunteers)
* BA or BS degree required; divinity degree desirable
* Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
Please see full job description below…
Job Title: Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry
Classification: Full-Time / Exempt
Department: Family Ministries
Reports to: Family Ministries Pastor
Effective Date: November 01, 2010
The role of the Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director is to provide leadership, development, and direction for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific to Riverside Family Ministries. The Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director also provides direct oversight to all Early Childhood Ministries (3 years – Kindergarten).
RIVERSIDE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
* Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Riverside Church.
* Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
* Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
* Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
* Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
* Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
* Provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry Staff (currently Part-time Nursery Coordinator and Full-
Time Elementary Director).
* Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the Large Group/Small Group teaching
environments (2 years – 5th grade).
* Direct oversight of all Early Childhood Ministries (3 years – Kindergarten).
* Recruit and oversee all early childhood volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
* Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic early childhood learning environments.
* Oversee childcare for Family Ministries and all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, productions, annual
meeting, Family Ministry seminars, Christmas Eve.
* Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
* Meets regularly with the Family Ministries Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
* Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
* Basic working understanding of “Orange” Family Ministries (Think Orange, The Essence of Orange, Reggie Joiner).
* A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
* BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or similar.
* Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries
* Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
* Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
* Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith
* Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with Riverside Church’s Early Childhood Ministry.
* Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop,
Planning Center, others).
* Reports to the Pastor of Family Ministries.
* Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry staff.
* Receives support from peers on Family Ministries team.
* Receives consistent leadership training from Pastor of Family Ministries.
* Works closely with all areas of ministries within Riverside Church.
If you are interested in applying for this postion, please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor/Director of Children's MinistryOtterbein Church Inc.
- Waynesboro , Pennsylvania
- October 25
New Hope Kids Campus/Site DirectorNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Riverside Church resides in central Minnesota, just west of the metro areas of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Strategically located on the boundaries of Big Lake and Monticello, we also regularly serve the surrounding communities of Becker, Buffalo, Clear Lake, St. Michael, Albertville, and Elk River.
We place a high value on reaching people and helping them become fully devoted followers of Christ and our mission is unapologetically outward focused both in our community and around the world. Our primary local ou More...