This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The First Pentecostal Holiness Church
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 10/29/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The First Church in Goldsboro, NC, has an opening for a Student Ministries Pastor to join our pastoral staff and amazing church family! Our new student pastor will be a Spirit-filled, creative, and deeply passionate leader with experience in developing, coordinating and administering an effective Student Ministry (middle/high school ages). This position is an excellent opportunity for an aggressive, extroverted, deeply passionate follower of Christ with a calling to full-time church ministry.
The Student Ministries Pastor works under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor and with other staff members and Student Ministry team leaders to fulfill the church’s vision and mission as established by the Lead Pastor. The vital role of the student pastor is initiating pastoral leadership for the group of students and their families at The First Church.
Education and Skills required
- Bachelors Degree in Youth Ministry or equivalent of education and experience
- Minimum three years leadership experience in Youth Ministry or related field
- Strong communication and writing skills
- History of gathering a group of students and leading them successfully
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
- Providing students with opportunities for fellowship and spiritual growth
- Overseeing weekly middle/high school student worship services
- Developing and coaching student leadership teams
- Spearheading small groups for students on Sunday nights
**Our lead candidate must also be an effective communicator with high energy and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
At The First Church you will find a loving, caring family that worships, serves, fellowships, grows and reaches out to the community. As a member of the International Pentecostal Holiness Denomination, we are committed to helping people build a strong relationship with God and with others.
We offer a competitive salary that includes vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
No phone calls, please.
E-mail cover letter, photo, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line: Student Ministries Pastor