This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Director
2nd Street Community Church
Newberg, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 10/29/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
WORSHIP ARTS DIRECTOR POSITION
2nd STREET COMMUNITY CHURCH | www.2ndstreet.org
Part of Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends | www.nwfriends.org
JOB DESCRIPTION …
• OVERSEE and equip the 2nd Street Worship Arts ministry.
• ENGAGE volunteers in living out the 2nd Street Mission through serving in their areas of spiritual giftedness and calling and to mature in their relationship with God and each other.
• ENCOURAGE excellence in the performing arts, technical arts, and applied arts by forming relationships and building teams.
WORSHIP ARTS DIRECTOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES …
• CULTIVATE and MAINTAIN a close relationship with the source of all worship and creative arts, Jesus Christ.
• PARTNER with the 2nd Street lead pastor-teacher in planning and providing God-focused, Holy Spirit-led Sunday morning and other special worship services, approximately 40 times per calendar year, to encourage the flock of 2nd Street Community Church to direct their attention toward Jesus Christ. This weekly worship planning meeting is held each Tuesday from 1:00-2:00 p.m. at the 2nd Street Community Church office.
• PROVIDE oversight on the Sundays when the Worship Arts ministry team member(s) lead worship
• MAINTAIN healthy communication and working relationships with 2nd Street’s lead pastor-teacher, other 2nd Street staff members, Worship Arts ministry leaders, and other 2nd Street leaders and volunteers.
• ATTEND two 2nd Street staff meetings on the second and fourth Wednesday mornings of each month from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
• ATTEND an annual staff retreat, (in the fall, for one or two days).
• PREPARE for and lead worship rehearsals with musicians and vocalists on Tuesday evenings and during both Sunday morning worship gatherings.
• Be RESPONSIBLE for planning and overseeing of the Worship Arts ministries portion of 2nd Street’s annual Ministry Plan and Ministry Funding plan each spring. (Includes music, technical arts, applied arts, and drama ministries.)
• OVERSEE team building, recruiting, training, equipping, and scheduling of musicians, visual and sound techs, drama team, and other artists who call 2nd Street this church home. Recruit volunteer leaders for each of these teams.
• PROVIDE 2nd Street’s Worship Arts ministry leaders with spiritual and administrative support and training.
• OVERSEE the upkeep, purchase, storage, repair, and transportation of 2nd Street’s technical equipment and musical instruments.
• SELECT and CHART new worship music for worship teams, including brass, winds, and strings.
• KEEP the worship atmosphere (both when practicing and when leading in worship) God-honoring and welcoming to newcomers by scheduling creative idea-sharing and communication times together with the various teams.
OTHER EXPECTATIONS …
• EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or field.
• KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL: Guitar and or keyboarding, vocal gifts, worship technology, music arranging, leading and directing ensembles, experience with drama and drama integration into Sunday morning worship.
• DESIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS: Dependable, consistent, creative, organized, transparent and accountable, godly character, heart for people, team player.
• CULTURAL EXPECTATIONS: Applications will be accepted only from candidates who have lived in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho to ensure that they will be in sync with the culture, style and vibe of the Pacific Northwest.
SALARY AND BENEFITS …
• SALARY: 26-30K depending on experience and education
• PROGRAMMING BUDGET: Around 6K annually
• MEDICAL INSURANCE AND PENSION: Full medical coverage for employee, but not for family. A matching pension program is provided
• VACATION AND SICK LEAVE: Vacation and Sick Leave are accrued monthly, with a maximum of 2 weeks of vacation to be taken annually.
• APPLICATIONS DUE: November 19, 2010
• START DATE: January 1, 2011