This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Crossroads Bible Church
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 10/23/2010
Categories: College Pastor - Young Adult Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
To serve the church by overseeing, administering and coordinating an effective and comprehensive ministry for college-age young adult’s ages 18 to 24 years in accordance with the philosophy of student ministry.
1. Develop and grow an effective ministry to reach students attending college and/or university.
2. Guide college students towards maturity, helping them understand their personal identity in Christ, their need for the larger church community, their responsibility to discern God honoring choices, and their changing relationships with parents, siblings, peers, and adults.
3. Implement a weekly gathering that builds community and where the Bible is studied in a relevant manner to college students, allowing them to think critically about their beliefs while guiding them towards truth.
4. Recruit, equip and train adult volunteer teams to serve in the college ministry, ensuring every student has an identifiable shepherd who disciples them.
5. Implement student ministry teams that provide service opportunities for our students inside and outside of the church.
6. Provide biblical counsel to individual students, families, and volunteer staff as required.
7. Oversee the planning and implementation of college ministry mission trips, retreats and camps.
8. Provide for effective administration of the college ministry including budgetary and ministry planning.
1. Directly accountable to the Director of Student Ministry.
2. Attends weekly Student Ministry staff meetings.
3. May attend meetings of the Elder Council.
Full-time, exempt, salaried
1. Shall demonstrate or desire the qualifications of an elder as outlined in I Tim 3 and Titus 1.
2. Shall demonstrate a heart and passion for pastoral ministry to college students.
3. Shall have the ability to communicate effectively to that particular age group.
4. Shall have the ability to work effectively with lay staff as well as with the parents of the students involved within the ministry.
5. Shall demonstrate a commitment to the goals, strategies, and doctrinal statements of Crossroads Bible Church.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
1. Salary as approved by Council of Elders. Includes housing allowance as appropriate.
2. Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) as provided by Crossroads Bible Church.
3. Group Disability Insurance.
4. Retirement benefit (per policy) – may enroll and participate immediately making voluntary contribution. Currently, after one year, CBC will make 2% basic contribution, and up to an additional 2% match of voluntary contributions.
5. Vacation time per CBC personnel policy.
6. Staff resource budget for ministry resources (books, subscriptions, conferences).
7. Graduate education assistance per policy.