This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
Mission Hills Church
San Marcos, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/19/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Church Staff
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Mission Hills Church is a non-denominational, growing and dynamic 10 year old church plant in San Marcos, California, which is in north coastal San Diego County. It has a beautiful, brand new, state of the art campus, including a large, fully equipped two-story children’s facility. Weekly adult attendance is approximately 900 with Children’s Ministries attendance regularly more than 250. There is a very strong young family presence and focus at Mission Hills Church, which also ministers to approximately 100 children weekly through Mission Hills Preschool. We have five services each Sunday, including two contemporary celebrations, a traditional service, a service for special needs adults called Beyond Limits, and Inspiracion, our Hispanic service.
We are looking for an experienced Children’s Ministry Director to lead a vibrant and growing Children’s Ministry.
This person will be a capable recruiter, trainer, administrator and supervisor, able to lead 100+ children’s ministry volunteers in the application of a fairly complex ministry program that includes Sunday mornings, mid-week, special events and summer programs.
The Children’s Director requirements:
• Four year degree, preferably in a related field of study.
• Minimum three years of vocational Children’s Ministry experience in management and/or leadership roles.
• Endorsement, without reservation, the church’s Statement of Faith.
• Ability to communicate the Scriptures in a relevant way to children of all ages and their parents.
• Able and willing to recruit, train, manage and lead both paid staff and volunteer ministry partners.
• Able to function effectively as a team player with the capacity to see both the “big” and “small” pictures.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
Submission of resumes will be accepted on or before November 16, 2010. Only qualified applicants need to reply.