Salem First Presbyterian Church is located in the heart of downtown Salem, Oregon
, two blocks from Willamette University. Salem is a beautiful, family friendly city with an excellent school system, near many recreational areas for mountain or coastal adventures, located one hour south of Portland, one hour east of the Oregon Coast, one hour west of the Cascade Mountains, and one hour north of Eugene. We are a church experiencing transition
in its life and ministry, refocusing our vision from a traditional model to a missional model. We seek to revitalize our student ministries through the development of a variety of faith-based, spiritual formation activities. To support our transition we are creating a new full-time position. We seek someone with a sense of call and passion for Christ and students
, who possesses the skills necessary to revitalize our ministry to families. We desire candidates who exhibit strong leading and partnering skills with a commitment to relational and incarnational ministry.Church:
Salem First Presbyterian Church
770 Chemeketa Street NE
Salem, OR 97301Salary:
Standard Package for the Individual (health, vacation, ect.. Details available upon request)To Apply send your Cover Letter, Resume, and a short statement about your Christian faith via e-mail to email@example.comHire is subject to criminal background check.Director of Student Ministries Position DescriptionResponsibilities:Job Duties:
1) Function as the primary staff person for the Student Ministries of Salem First Presbyterian Church (hereafter known as SFPC).
2) Be part of the worshipping community of SFPC.
3) Plan and implement age appropriate activities for students that promote community through fellowship, fun, and faith development.
4) Promote Christian mission and service through service projects and mission endeavors.
5) Be present on local school campuses, developing relationships with church students and their peers in their life and witness on campus.
6) Encourage students to participate in all facets of the life and ministry of SFPC.
7) Oversee recruitment and training of adult volunteers to build relationships with students of all ages.
8) Develop and oversee a confirmation curriculum preparing students for church membership.
9) Coordinate fundraising activities that support special student activities and trips.
10) Prepare an annual Student Ministries budget with the Christian Formation and Discipleship Ministry and manage disbursement of budgeted funds within the guidelines of SFPC’s purchasing policy.Job Knowledge:
1) A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
2) Demonstrated leadership and organization skills.
3) Possess an understanding of incarnational/relational ministry and an ability to train others.
4) Strategies for reaching students who don’t know Christ and equipping those who do.
5) A willingness to go to students on their turf.
6) An ability to identify and foster leadership in adults and youth.
7) Display a personal aptitude for spiritual, emotional, social, and physical wellness.
8) A flexible attitude in the face of changing moods, plans, and directions common to working with students and parents.
9) A resilient and persevering spirit that is not easily discouraged or frustrated.
10) A sense of humor and energetic personality.Interaction:
1) Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly Student Ministries Team meetings, and monthly Ministry Connect meetings.
2) Communicate and coordinate effectively with the staff, other ministries, and the congregation.
3) Work well with others as a team player.
4) Partner with the Young Life community in Salem.Supervisor:
Accountable to the Head of Staff. Receives annual performance review conducted by the Head of Staff with assistance from Human Resources.