This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Ministry Director
Oak Hills Church
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 10/15/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 7501 to 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Family Ministry Director - North Central Campus
I. Summary of Position
A leadership staff position that will provide vision, energy, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of Family Ministry including infants through High School; enthusiastically implements vision and values throughout children’s and student ministries; keep before the church body, staff, and elders a vision of the necessity of winning Families to Christ and discipling them to greater maturity.
II. Job Responsibilities
• Implement and articulate Oak Hills strategy and program structure by which the Family Ministry can serve children ages 3 months through High School.
• Articulate OHC vision to ministry staff and volunteers.
• Keep current with innovations in children’s, student and family-focused ministries.
• Serve as an advocate for Family Ministry before staff, congregation, and elders.
• Create and administer programs that will help children, and students and families embrace Christ.
• Develop summer programming ideas that are fun and that help families experience Jesus.
• Equip and partner with parents by equipping them with resources to become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
• Develop and direct children and family outreach opportunities through family and community leaders.
• Lead coordinators, teachers, greeters, resource personnel, and other volunteers in the Children’s & Student Ministry
• Facilitate an effective educational model (infra-structure) to serve the families of Oak Hills.
• Provide teacher training and teacher/volunteer appreciation events.
• Leadership responsibility for PAIS Apprentices
• Leadership responsibility for volunteer staff of Family Ministry
• Recruit and train capable coordinators to lead each division of educational organization.
• Recruit and train capable coordinators, teachers, and counselors for special events.
• Assist coordinators in recruiting teachers/helpers in each division of the educational organization.
• Provide for supplies (i.e. Bibles, crafts, school supplies, music) and furnishings (furniture, room-set-ups, puppets/staging, AV equipment) to aide volunteers who work with children and students.
• Lead in interviewing/screening volunteer teacher/leader applicants.
• Lead in curriculum training for each age group as well as for camps and special events.
• Plan and provide for the security of children, students and teachers involved with Family Ministry (i.e. security check-in and retrieval, evacuation plan, volunteer screening, first-aid, CPR training).
• Assist and participate in budget development, implementation, and accountability.
• Assist in directing people to help with and pray about special needs of students and their families.
• Serve as a healthy role model of leadership, sharing the grace of Jesus.
• Provide children and family direct pastoral care as appropriate, or resources to nurture healthy families and in times of illness/grief/loss and regarding parent and child decisions concerning their child’s spiritual walk, i.e. baptism.
III. Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education
• Five years ministry experience that includes working closely with families, children and teens
• Proven leadership and management skills
• Strong presentation and teaching skills
• Strong relational and team building skills
• Organizational skills for growing, mobilizing, and maintaining a strong and effective team and program
• Strong written communication skills
• Cross cultural sensitivity (experience desirable)
to apply go to www.oakhillschurch.com - complete application form and send resume