This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Praise Christian Center
Beaumont, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/11/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
DNA of Praise Christian Center
Praise is a creative-modern church that invites others to rethink church, redefine life and reinvent themselves. Whether exploring faith for the first time (or again) or already miles into the journey, Praise challenges existing mindsets and encourages transformation. We work hard to present the Ways of God in a way that is compelling, creative, understandable, and fun, while keeping the infrastructure simple and intentional. We are always in the process of rethinking church so that others will rethink church!
Portrait of Position
While working interdependently with an aggressive team of thinkers, the position gives freedom to create programs and systems that help children “get it”, while multiplying influence through coaching opportunities. The position is so much more than occupying time while the parents are in service. The position offers the opportunity to build strong Godly character into children by imagining, exploring and creating a memorable worship experience on their level.
We would like the children’s pastor to have the ability to:
• Manage and lead 20+ volunteers that serve on a rotation.
• Coach potentials on how to facilitate dynamic-captivating children worship services.
• Involve parents in developing their child’s understanding of God (discipleship at home)
• Oversee, plan and develop a captivating environment for Bible study, worship, small groups and special events for children
• Build and sustain the highest trust/respect among children and family by possessing Godly character and a great work ethic
that produces excellence.
• Make church the best time of a child’s week
• Strong leadership/coaching ability
• Administration/Organization ability
• Dynamic presentation skill/public speaking
• Creative thinker/innovator
• Uses a team approach
• Married, with spouse working alongside in the services
• Education: Helpful but not necessary. We want a person that is always learning.
• Experience: Five years of full-time ministry with three of those years being in children’s ministry. Preferably in a church of 700
• Doctrine: Consistent with the Assemblies of God (or similar).
A Note from our Lead Pastor… Reg Lloyd
The staff of Praise works interdependently. We imagine, create and problem-solve together. First, we are looking for an individual that is committed to the ways of God and is aggressive in keeping passion at a high level. Secondly, we are searching for one that is enjoyable to be around and can quickly establish trust based upon character and performance. As a team player, we are looking for one that is connected with the culture of today and one who can think well (seeing from multiple angles at one time). Third, we are committed to finding an individual/couple who is skillful as a children’s pastor. Lastly, we are looking for an individual that has an insatiable desire to make a HUGE difference and does not mind working hard to make it happen.
The staff at Praise knows that the effectiveness of the church leans on the effectiveness of EVERY department within the church. We are committed to leaving everything on the field, taking smart risks, rubbing shoulders with people far from God, and making the ways of God known in our area in a way that causes others to rethink church, redefine life, and reinvent themselves.
I have been around and in the ministry my whole life. Having grown up in a pastor’s home and entering the ministry at age 20, I am well acquainted with the demands, challenges, and rewards that come with it. I say this to communicate that although expectations at Praise are high, they are realistic and do not infringe upon personal or family health. We are intentional about what we do and are committed to being the best we can be in all areas of our lives.