First Presbyterian Church of Salem
, the Oregon State Capitol, is located near Willamette University (the oldest university on the west coast).We are a church experiencing transition
in its life and ministry refocusing our vision from a traditional model to a missional model.Part of this transition is creating a new part-time position (with hope to develop as full time)
, for which we are seeking someone with a dynamic personality and skills to revitalize our ministry to children and families with passion and enthusiasm. Salem is a beautiful family friendly city with an excellent school system near many recreational areas for mountain or coastal adventures.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Implements year-round children’s programming.
• Orders, organizes and distributes children’s curriculum materials.
• Coordinates scheduling of all childcare attendants.
• Communicates with participants and interested members to stimulate involvement in the Christian Formation and Discipleship Ministry as representatives of children’s ministry.
• Develops and maintains an active program for recruitment of leaders and volunteers to assist in children’s programming.Children’s Ministry Coordinator Job Information:Education:
Bachelor degree in education/child development preferred, meaningful experience with children in congregational programming desired.Job-Type:
Part-time year round (20 hours per week/flexible schedule)Church:
First Presbyterian Church
770 Chemeketa Street NE
Salem, OR 97301Salary:
$800-$1000 per month, based on skills and experienceBenefits:
NoneTo Apply please forward your Cover Letter, Resume, and a short statement about your Christian faith via Email to email@example.com