This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Northwest Bible Church
Spring, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/07/2010
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
NorthWest Bible Church, founded in 1977, is a non-denominational church in Spring, Texas of about 450 attendees. Our former Senior Pastor, who is loved and appreciated by the congregation, has accepted a new ministry calling and is leaving on good terms. It is essential that the next Senior Pastor continue to lead the church to fulfill its mission, “To glorify God by teaching and equipping believers to do the work of ministry, and by sharing the gospel of Christ with the world, both near and far.” (1 Cor. 10:31, Eph. 4:11-12, Matt. 28:18-20)
As a devoted follower of Christ, the right candidate will:
• communicate the relevance of God's Word for growth and application in our lives;
• shepherd, train and lead the church staff and members for the work of ministry;
• have a passion for the lost;
• officiate the ordinances of Baptism and Communion; Baby Dedications, weddings, funerals, and ordinations;
• be available to counsel families and individuals;
• partner with pastoral staff to minister to the church family.
We are praying for a man who is gifted in vision, leadership, communication, and pastoral care.
For more information about NorthWest Bible Church, and to view our Senior Pastor Search brochure, please visit www.nwbc.org.
**Candidates meeting the following qualifications should submit BOTH their resumes and the Senior Pastor Candidate Questionnaire (to be downloaded from the Pastor Search button on www.nwbc.org) to the Search Committee at email@example.com.
• Completed a Masters or Doctorate from a seminary or Bible College in Theological Studies, Divinity, Pulpit Communication, Discipleship, Pastoral Ministry, or Biblical Counseling;
• 10 years professional ministry experience as a Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, or equivalent position;
• Meet the Biblical requirements for office (1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Acts 6:4);
• Present proof of a clear testimony of personal salvation, believer’s baptism and a commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ;
• Demonstrate, with examples, effectiveness in personal evangelism;
• Be in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement and Articles of Faith of NorthWest Bible Church (see nwbc.org/Our Church/What We Believe);
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and relational skills and a passion for pastoral care;
• Commit to personal regular accountability with other godly men and demonstrate the ability to maintain such relationships;
• Demonstrate effectiveness in discipleship while inspiring and equipping members of the congregation to develop and mature in strong family relationships;
• Demonstrate effectiveness in reaching out to the community, campuses, and workplace, while addressing both spiritual and social needs.
God has blessed NorthWest Bible Church and we believe He will continue this blessing. We are waiting with expectancy to see what He will do next!