This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Central Baptist Church
Chicopee, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 10/01/2010
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Please send us your statement of faith and further information to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also be advised that under Education Level: that a Bachelors and 7 years of full time pastoral experience would be acceptable.
1. Experience: A licensed or ordained minister holding to Baptist teachings; Five years senior
pastor experience with one congregation preferred; Associate pastoral experience within a large
congregation and/or interim pastoral experience with similar longevity also will be considered.
2. Preaching: Preaches with an emphasis on exegetical/expository preaching with a sound,
unwavering commitment to the Word of God; Carefully guards the pulpit entrusted to him from
strange doctrines and worldly thinking; Preaches the whole counsel of God, not for personal
agendas, political correctness, nor fear of man’s opinions.
3. Leadership: Leads by biblical example and lifestyle, putting God first, then wife, children, &
church family; Eager to serve with humility; Has a teachable spirit, and sees himself as an equal
part of the body of Christ under His headship - first among equals.
4. Shepherding: Considers the needs of the entire church family; Watches over the flock; Guards
the church body from false teachings, and secular ideas; Encourages and reaches out to all
members of the church family; Promotes a spirit of unity and of love among its people; Leaves
the 99 for the one.
5. Counseling: Gives sound, biblical counsel, advice, and guidance; Encourages mature believers in
the faith to assist with counseling opportunities through various ministries and outreach
6. Prayer: Prays dedicatedly for the saints and encourages a lifestyle of prayer; Is committed to
both public prayer (congregational/small group/outreach) and private prayer (with wife and
children/personal alone time); Leads by example.
7. Outreach/Evangelism: Is committed to making an impact on the surrounding communities and
then throughout all the earth with the gospel of Jesus Christ, with various ministries, missions
and outreach opportunities.
8. Vision: Understands the strengths and weaknesses of the church family; Learns from past
successes and failures; Recognizes the gifts, talents, and faithfulness of its members; Builds
upon the biblical principles and standards which have endured for generations in order to cast a
vision for the future of God’s people at First Central Baptist Church.
9. Fellowship: Actively encourages and promotes both intra- and interchurch fellowship with those
of like faith (not necessarily of like denomination).
10. Worship: Leads the congregation with an attitude and lifestyle of worship through:
- Preaching and teaching God’s Word
- Evangelism outreach
- Music and praise
- Commitment to marriage and family
- Building relationships
- Dedication to prayer
- Integrity in the workplace
- In all things for the Glory of God.
11. Discipleship: Equips the saints for acts of service, evangelism, and discipleship training;
Recognizes the gifts and talents of the church body; Actively promotes opportunities to share
the gospel with the unsaved and to grow all believers to maturity in Christ.
12. Administration: Works with and guides existing church staff; Oversees the day-to-day jobs of
the church organization; Delegates responsibilities appropriately; Encourages the efforts of
church boards, committees, and ministries to successfully function as a church body.