This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Growth & Nurture Ministries
Asbury United Methodist
PASADENA, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/27/2010
Categories: Christian Education - Discipleship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
Purpose: To serve God’s purpose at Asbury UMC by providing direction, administration, and oversight of small groups and discipleship ministry teams accessible to the church community and the community at large (includes Sunday morning and other small groups, children’s ministry teams, senior adult ministry groups)
• Develop, direct and oversee, with strong spiritual leadership and team-building concept implementation, the Small group ministry team in planning and executing all the functions that are essential to a viable and dynamic small group ministry.
• Direct and oversee the Small Group ministry team in planning and implementing new leader’s orientation event, leadership training events, and all events related to the fall small group celebration and enrollment.
• Strategize with the Small Group ministry team in planning and implementing policies, procedures, and processes for developing new small groups, new leaders, and any new structures needed for making small groups successful and effective.
• Create and execute with the Small Group ministry team, promotion campaigns for the small group ministry within the Asbury UMC congregation and in the community at large.
• Provide general and specific vision, direction, and outreach strategies for small group ministry
• Raise up leadership by identifying potential small group leaders and small group ministry team partners. Implement leadership development by both formal and informal means.
• Develop, direct, and oversee, with strong spiritual leadership, the WOW Worship ministry (worship time for children ages 3 through 3rd grade held during Sunday morning worship times) including but not limited to, designing the “WOW worship” service, optimizing traffic flow to and from Sanctuary, implementing procedures and policies for check-in/check-out/parental alert, training and scheduling leader and helpers, developing resources.
• Plan and direct the Christmas Eve Family worship service
• Plan and direct, in conversation with the Pastor, annual confirmation classes and retreats, making certain the focus is on the basic truths of Christianity as laid out in the Articles of Religion in the current Book of Discipline.
• Develop and direct one-time, church-wide spiritual growth events.
• Work in close association with the entire staff to build and maintain a strong team environment among our staff and to complete the work necessary to fully serve and support the purpose of God as it is lived out in the ministries and events of Asbury UMC.
• Attend regular staff meetings and leadership council meetings, lead small group ministry team meetings, and participate in additional meetings when requested to do so.
• Receive a performance evaluation as requested by the Pastor, the Staff-Parish-Relations team, or yourself.
• Cooperate with the Pastor by performing other reasonable duties when asked to do so.