This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministries - Communications/Technical Mgr
Community Presbyterian Church
Danville,, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/23/2010
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Community Presbyterian Church
Job Title: Communications/Technical Manager
Department: Children’s Ministries
Reports To: Director of Children’s Ministries
Purpose/Scope of Job: The Communications/Technical Manager composes, edits, and supports the production of a full range of material and technology to effectively support the programs of Children’s Ministries and the diverse families it serves.
The incumbent reports to the Director of Children’s Ministries. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating and managing the development and production of communications material and technology delivery to support the director and coordinators within Children’s Ministries. In this capacity, the incumbent prepares program communications material, volunteer training media, parent educational tools, event registration automation, discipleship tools for home use and creates/supports the Children’s and Student Ministries websites. The communications material and technology will provide a method for families to become aware of program opportunities and help lead them through the ongoing process of the spiritual development of their children from birth through college.
• Develop web communication strategies that help us to better partner with families so that children will know, love and follow Jesus.
• Determine with Director and Admin. Asst. the Children’s Ministries forms and registrations to be placed on the Web.
• Work with Director and age level managers to determine the following:
- articles for Alive, Courier and parents
- provide weekly Sunday School lesson materials online to enhance weekend curriculum for children and parents.
• Maintain Activity Events Calendar for Children’s Ministries for the Web.
• Provide links for families as a Resource Center – for ex: links for parenting, current books, movies, music, etc.
• Create and maintain kid-friendly links for children to access.
• Update annually Children’s Ministries brochure, serving opportunities and policies and procedures manual.
• Develop Multimedia Presentations for Volunteer Training and Sunday School curriculum.
• Develop Children’s Ministries Facebook page, Twitter Accounts and blogs where parents/teachers can interact with one another.
• Develop strategies to send informational emails to toddler, preschool and elementary parents.
• Promotional DVDs.
• Primary interface with CPC Informational Technological staff .
• Passion for Jesus
• Passion for Children
• Passion for the spiritual development of children and families
• Bachelor of Arts Degree
• Minimum 3 years experience in the creation of communications material using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Powerpoint/Word/Excel
• Project Manager experience
• Website creation and management