Worship Arts Director PURPOSE:
This individual is responsible for leading the musical and arts aspects of our worship services. Candidates will possess a combination of skills and education making them capable of leading a vibrant music ministry that incorporates choirs, ensembles, dance, drama, creative arts, and soloist. The Director will also be responsible, in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and other team members, for planning worship services that are clearly aimed at drawing the congregation to the worship and praise of our Lord Jesus Christ. Vitally important to this position is the ability and passion to work with volunteers and to recruit, mentor, and train others in using their gifts for the glory of God.ACCOUNTABILITY AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports directly to the Senior PastorMAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for leading the musical and arts aspects of a worship service that incorporates choirs, ensembles, dance, drama, creative arts and soloist.
• Plans worship services that are clearly aimed at drawing the congregation into worship and praise of our Lord Jesus Christ.
• Provides overall leadership, vision and administration of the worship ministry.
• Serves as a minister and shepherd to the choir, worship teams, musicians, emphasizing teamwork, fellowship, and healthy communication among one another.
• Participates in the weekly planning of worship music in church services as well as special events.
• Oversee/lead weekly rehearsals and presentation of music appropriate to the life of the church for all musicians and vocalist involved in upcoming services and events.
• Responsible for the recruitment and organization of participants in the worship arts ministry.
• Develop musical gifts in volunteer members and provide instruction in musical techniques for all worship services.
• Prepares and oversees an annual budget for worship arts ministries.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Skill in playing a piano, keyboard or organ
• Ability to lead worship
• Knowledge of music theory
• Ability to read music, teach vocals, and play by ear
• Knowledge of a wide range of Christian Worship Music
• Ability to integrate musical variety into a worship service
• Skill in vocal musicianship, conducting, and other forms of musical leadership
• Ability to incorporate technical arts into the worship experience
• Ability to increase the desire and capacity of the congregation to experience God and connect with Him through worship
• Ability to develop, implement, and lead a vibrant music ministry that incorporates choirs, ensembles, dance, drama, creative arts and soloists.
• Knowledge of traditional and contemporary styles of worship
• Ability to interpret and communicate information orally and in writing
• Ability to plan, stage, conduct or direct musical productions, concerts, etc.
• Ability to instruct or perform in one or more musical arts such as composing, arranging music, interpreting worship dance choreography or interpreting vocal or instrumental music
• Ability to develop and manage a budget
• Ability to recruit, train, and mentor volunteersEDUCATION:
Bachelor’s Degree or beyond, in music or area(s) of expertise related to the Ministry Responsibilities preferred.TERMS OF POSITION: Salary :
Commensurate with experienceHours:
40 per weekRelocation Package:
According to NLC Employee HandbookHolidays and Vacation:
According to NLC Employee HandbookProfessional Development:
According to NLC Employee Handbook To Apply for this position please forward your cover Letter and Resume to the following Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org