This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Alliance Church of Menomonie
Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 09/20/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Student Ministries
The Pastor of Student Ministries will serve as a vital member of the pastoral team and will seek to give overall leadership to the Student Ministries (middle school through college age) of the Alliance Church of Menomonie. He will be accountable to the Lead Pastor.
Note: The following ministry description is based on an average 50 hour work week. Ministry demands and seasons of ministry may vary, thus increasing or decreasing the weekly hours of ministry time. We believe the core of Student Ministries is the adoption process of young people into the Family of God.
• Be actively a part of the pastoral team involved in the ongoing shepherding of the congregation, including but not limited to general leadership, visitation, teaching, preaching, counseling, and follow up.
• Implement appropriate and attractive strategies for young people to become people of prayer, and build a prayer team that regularly prays for the Student Ministries of the church.
• Accurately handle and communicate the “full council of God” appropriately and attractively to young people.
• Understand who you are in Christ and implement appropriate and attractive strategies and ministries that help young people develop spiritually.
• Model serving others and implement appropriate and attractive strategies that provide opportunities for young people to serve others, locally, stateside and internationally.
• Develop and communicate a philosophy of student ministries that is intentionally balanced between both an “outward” and “inward” focus.
• Develop, empower and release teams of both students and adults, which plan, coordinate and facilitate the programmatic elements of the weekly and seasonal student ministries.
• Shepherd the congregation proactively toward a stronger integration of Student Ministries into the life of the church.
• Develop programs and partnerships with parents that help shepherd them as they raise their children.
Other Ministry Responsibilities
• Model a lifestyle that seeks to help others catch a vision for living the “mission of God.”
• Participate in weekly staff meetings, both scheduled and ad hoc.
• Participate in meetings of the Council of Elders and Goveming Board.
• Be responsible for the supervision of budget lines related to areas of ministry oversight.
• A person of the Word and prayer, devoting significant time to study each week and maintaining a personal strategic prayer team.
• A person with a strong track record of being a “team player”, able to build and serve on a team.
• High EQ and strengths in areas of leadership.
• Able to meet the Biblical qualification of “elder” as found in Timothy & Titus.
• Highly recommended by others as having gifting and experience consistent with the role of pastor.
• Bachelor or Master's degree from an evangelical Bible College or seminary is preferred.
• A strong ministry track record with a theological position consistent with that of the C&MA.
• If married, has a healthy and supportive marriage relationship with their spouse.