This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church Based Teams Mobilizer
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 09/20/2010
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
CHURCH BASED TEAMS MOBILIZER
Reports to the Director of Mobilization
Position open immediately; located at the U.S. Sending Base, Phoenix, AZ
Summary of position
The role of a Church Based Teams Mobilizer is to establish Frontiers as the agency of choice for churches interested in sending church planting teams to the Muslim world and to supply Church Based Teams (CBT) Department with qualified CBT churches.
1. Pastoral, or other Church Ministry Staff, and/or Field experience deemed necessary
2. Passion for Jesus, the American Church and Muslims (in that order)
3. Compassion for Pastors and the magnitude of their challenges
4. Understanding and respecting the significance of diversity in church polity and governance
5. Communication skills that include listening, seeking first to understand, and then to be understood
6. Ability to share the treasures of your heart first, rather than selling Frontiers
7. Capacity and perseverance to handle rejection
1. Work with Frontiers’ Marketing group to explore, develop and promote a multimedia, multifaceted Marketing Strategy to identify prospective CBT Churches (noting that the following churches have been most receptive to date: Vineyard Fellowship, Christian Churches, Acts 29 Network, Bible Churches and Community Churches)
2. Work in conjunction with Area Directors and Frontiers’ Speaker Bureau in identifying prospective CBT churches
3. Initiate and sustain relationships with mission leadership of prospective CBT churches highlighting unengaged people groups at the appropriate time
4. Seek ways to serve prospective CBT churches, scratch their itches (i.e. personal visit, Frontiers’ CBT information and materials, mission speakers, people group information, special events, 247, etc.) in cooperation with Area Directors.
5. Qualify openness and readiness of CBT prospective CBT churches to explore Frontiers’ CBT partnership model
6. Present non-qualified churches the appropriate Frontiers “plug in” that meets the church’s vision to Muslims, introducing the church to Frontiers personnel to meet that need, and move on.
7. Invite prospective CBT churches to “First Step” at USSB
8. Work with CBT department to host First Step.
9. Follow First Step with invitation to 24 Hour Strategy Retreat
10. Hand off CBT Church to CBT Department when CBT Department writes “Letter of Engagement” confirming a commitment between Church and Frontiers to partner to send a team(s).
11. Track progress of prospective CBT churches from initial contact through First Step and Strategy Retreat to Letter of Engagement
12. Maintain friendly, service oriented contact with Church Leadership of CBT Partners as needed
13. Defer non-CBT issues initiated by the church to appropriate departments (e.g. field personnel questions to Barnabas Team, candidate questions to FieldPrep Coaching, donor relations to Development and Receipting)
Member of the Church Based Teams work group, which includes personnel from the Church Based Teams Department and the Training Department
Mobilize prayer partners for your role
Must raise 100% of their salary, benefits, orientation expenses (Candidate School), partnership development expenses to raise these funds. Develop and maintain a communications strategy to your donors and prayer partners