Our next Pastor of Worship Arts is someone who is able to express their bold obsession with God in creative, energetic, but humble guitar-driven worship that others find compelling and contagious. They are intentional about leading themselves and others to become more like Christ through passionate, surrendered worship leading. They understand the dynamic of prayerfully writing and leading effective corporate worship times and do so with creativity and passion. They thrive in a team environment, are able to envision, energize and develop leaders to lead in our multiplying venues that range from current expressions of worship to hymns, and are fiercely committed to develop teams that practice excellence in design and production.
Church of the Open Door in Elyria Ohio is a well established church that is known throughout our region with a growing, average weekly attendance of over 1,300. Our Sunday services include multiple venues that are casual, energetic, and intentionally designed to help people encounter God through biblical teaching, creativity and worship. We are an evangelical, Spirit-filled, Spirit-led congregation that is best described by the term “empowered evangelical.” We seek to strike a balance that expresses our deep roots of historic, evangelical Christianity in Spirit-empowered, dynamic, contemporary formats. While not considered a “charismatic” church, there is an energetic, exciting sense of the presence of the Spirit in our worship. We are a strong biblically rooted church, but there is no stuffy, dead orthodoxy. We are not a seeker-focused church where few know how to worship and the majority end up spectating. Rather, the majority of our people are hungry to encounter God and express their worship to him. However we are seeker-sensitive and desire that our expressions of worship be inviting and contagious, not strange and exclusive. You will find a congregation that includes the range of clapping, joyful singing, hands raised in praise or surrender alongside of more quiet, reserved but engaged worshippers peppered with a few dignified, solemn participants. The musical style depends on the venue. Currently we have four venues: two contemporary rock services, one heavy rock, and one blended traditional service with hymns and choruses. We utilize a full band each week and have several bands/teams that play on a rotating basis.
1. Lead worship at least three weekends per month.
2. Lead worship team rehearsals.
3. Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
4. Recruit, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists.
5. Recruit, develop, and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
6. Lead the formation of a team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
7. Create and champion an open music arts community with links to those outside the body of Christ; build relationships with local musicians, sound engineers, and festival promoters.
8. Participate on the Service Design Team for weekly planning and production of thematically integrated services.
9. Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
10. Work with Director of Technical Arts to provide lighting, sound, video elements and presentation software that support weekend services.
11. Develop annual ministry plan and budget.
12. Continued honing of musical proficiency.
13. Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry.
1. Confident humble presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
2. Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
3. Teachable, responsive, and respectful.
4. Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture of both musicians and multiple worship leaders.
5. Instrumental competency on guitar; Ability to play multiple instruments a plus
6. Able to read and write musical arrangements.
7. Growing knowledge and appreciation for spiritual and secular music from the past and present.
8. A track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a worship leader for large gatherings.
9. Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
1. A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
2. Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
3. Effective communication skills (oral and written)
4. Shepherding skills (lovingly lead, coach and counsel with wisdom and discernment)
5. Demonstrated ability to recruit, supervise, train, and evaluate volunteers
6. Committed to our community.
7. In agreement with our doctrine, mission, and values.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours a week with benefits package). Salary is established by qualifications and experience.
If you think you have what it takes to be our next Pastor of Worship Arts send us your resume in .doc or .pdf file format and a recent video or website where we can see you in action.
If your experience looks like a match, our Executive Pastor will contact you with additional information about our church and what we hope will be the next steps with you.
Thanks for checking us out!
Pastor of Worship Arts Search Team
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Batesville, Arkansas
- December 8
Director of Contemporary Worship and Media TechnologiesCedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church
- Allentown, Pennsylvania
- December 8
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Worship PastorWestview Baptist
- Swansea, Illinois
- December 7
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Church of the Open Door
We are a well established church that is known through out our region with an average weekly attendance of 1,300. Our Sunday services included multiple venues that are casual, energetic, and intentionally programmed to welcome people into the presence of God through biblical teaching and worship. We place a high value on authentic and engaging worship that positions us to hear from God through the teaching of His Word. More...