This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor, Group Life
River Oak Grace
Oakdale, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/15/2010
Categories: Small Group Pastor - Teaching Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
• River Oak Grace is a (our vision) “Jesus-driven disciple-making church living out the Great Commission (equipping to reach) and Great Commandment (loving God, loving people)”. Our mission is to glorify God by: “transforming nations and generations into passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We are an elder-led, staff-driven, contemporary-style church that is looking for God’s desired leader who will advance God’s mission and vision for our church within the context of fully-integrated team ministry valuing humble, Spirit-led servant leadership.
• Oakdale is a friendly, family-oriented community of about twenty thousand people. By our location we experience the culture and experience of world city life (San Francisco bay area), and other major metro areas such as Sacramento, Stockton and Modesto. We also experience the charm of small-town life amidst excellent mountain (Sierras and Yosemite National Park) and coastal recreational opportunities.
We are looking for a Pastor, Group Life that will:
• Lead Group Life Ministry area as well as serve as co-teacher in shared Sunday pulpit ministry.
• Group Life Ministries includes but is not limited to: Life Groups (small groups), discipling and equipping seminars, classes and strategies, recovery ministries, men’s ministry, women’s ministry, college ministry, marriage ministry and assimilation.
• Be a gifted, strong and enthusiastic teacher sharing in co-teaching responsibilities and teaching groups of all sizes.
• Be a mentor, equipper, coach, and discipler of teams and individuals as service in kingdom ministry is multiplied throughout congregation and community.
• Be an effective recruiter and encourager of congregation to kingdom service in specific ministry areas.
• Be focused on leadership development of current and potential lay leaders.
• Work in concert with Lead Pastor in synchronizing ministry responsibilities with the Mission and Vision of the church.
• Be responsible for administration, recruiting, training and deployment for all areas of Group Life Ministries’ area.
• Be responsible for budgeting and financial well being of Group Life Ministries’ area.
• A top priority is to be educated, experienced and passionate as the leader of a vibrant Life Group (small groups) ministry including recruiting, training, and coaching.
• Will preferably have an M.A. (or greater) with a ministry-related emphasis from an accredited (ATS) University or Seminary.
• Will preferably have five years or more experience in a ministry-related occupation, similar to this position.
• Depending on level of education and experience candidates may be alternatively considered as Director or Minister according to River Oak Grace ordination criteria.