This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Adult Worship Pastor/Student Pastor
Crossroads Community Church
Polo, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/10/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Campus Adult Worship Pastor / Student Ministries Pastor Position (Polo, IL-White Pines Campus)
Do you have boundless energy? Infinite zip, zing and zeal? Are you a people magnet with a contagious passion for reaching out and sharing the love of God? Do young people actually think you’re kinda cool? Are you a natural born leader who isn't afraid of the stage? Does the thought of spiritually leading people in worship fill you with excitement?
If so, you may be just the person we're looking for. Crossroads, is a Spirit-filled, non-denominational, progressive church reaching lives for Christ! On the cutting edge of ministry being done as “one church in multiple locations”, Crossroads has ten campuses in four states and we are currently looking for an Adult Worship Pastor / Student Ministry Pastor at one of our locations.
Read on for more of the specifics:
• Experienced in developing adults and students to assume leadership roles
• Knowledgeable in student ministries with at least two years of experience
• A whiz at communicating and relating to people; specifically young people
• Talented with strong musical experience
• Experienced leading worship vocally with guitar and/or keyboard
• A multi-tasking team player with a positive attitude, high energy and strong interpersonal skills
• Willing to adhere to the Crossroads "brand" set forth in style of worship, time requirements and leadership responsibilities
• Capable of understanding and excelling in a multi-site, centrally driven ministry model
• Able to commit to the core values of Crossroads and willing to meet membership requirements
You will be...
• In charge of building a youth ministry team that leads to a vibrant, growing ministry.
• Recruiting, training and leading volunteers and youth/student leaders
• Responsible for both Jr. & Sr. High at the White Pines Campus
• Overseeing weekly student worship experiences that include a live band, multi-media, extensive technical components
• Incorporating small groups as part of your ministry strategy
• Working toward management of future staff members and interns
• Help serve alongside the Campus Pastor in planning, organizing & spiritually leading worship experiences on weekends
• Recruiting, training and building a vital worship team
• Planning and organizing adult worship experiences weekly
• Able to assume other leadership responsibilities as determined by Campus Pastor
It would be great if...
• You are able to write music and create chord charts
• You possessed strong audio recording and editing skills
Please respond with resume to email@example.com (include POLO in the subject line). Be sure to include video or YouTube links of you leading worship and teaching as well as a family picture.