This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Elementary Ministries
Austin Ridge Bible Church
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/09/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Discipleship Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Elementary Ministries (K – 5th)
The goal of this position: To model the love of Jesus Christ through developing, implementing, and directing effective ministries for encouraging and enabling spiritual maturity in the lives of elementary children.
Austin Ridge is a church that is experiencing tremendous growth and is looking for a new member to join the Children’s Ministry team. As a whole, the Children’s Ministry currently has over 700 kids attending each Sunday. We are looking for a person who has a huge passion for children and families and who feels called to invest in the next generation. This person must be a self-starter, have a good sense of humor and be a team player. Experience in working with children and families in a church setting is a must when applying for this job. This position will be supervised by the Children’s Pastor.
The job responsibilities include:
• Volunteers: Responsible to recruit, train and equip over 100 volunteers on a weekly basis. Work with volunteer coordinators weekly to prepare for Sunday morning small groups and various activities. Build relationships with volunteer leaders and invest in their spiritual development.
• Curriculum: Lead out in curriculum planning and development. We are invested as a church in the Orange strategy and use 252 Basics for our small and large group environments for kids. Meet with grade level coordinators on a monthly basis (or as needed) to plan and strategize.
• Relationships: Actively pursue relationships with parents and volunteers. Connecting parents to the strategy and vision of the ministry is a key element and goal as we move forward. Organizing community events for leadership and church families is a priority.
• Must be a mature believer in Christ
• Willing to become a committed member of Austin Ridge Bible Church
• Possess strong organizational and administrative skills
• Flexible to change in a fast-paced, quickly moving church and ministry
• Highly skilled in computer usage and programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
• Have a personable and encouraging spirit
• Willingness to carry out the vision of the church and ministry under the leadership of the Children’s Pastor.
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume with a cover letter to John Sorrell (firstname.lastname@example.org). Local candidates will be given first priority.