This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bethel Baptist Church Of Fruitport
Fruitport, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 09/09/2010
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Full-Time
Bethel Baptist Church is a congregation of 80 - 100 believers located approximately 6 miles from the shores of Lake Michigan between Muskegon and Grand Haven, Michigan. The church was founded in 1941 and has been at its present location since 1964.
Our church is made up of all age groups, but we are weighted more heavily toward an older demographic. While our older people are a great asset and a positive strength, we recognize that our age makeup is also a weakness, and we seek to reach out more to young families and to build relevant and effective ministries around them.
We are generally a conservative church; our style of worship is currently “blended.” We are open to the Spirit leading us in new directions, and we anticipate pushing beyond our current comfort zone to become more relevant to the field of harvest around us.
Among our strengths:
• We have a good number of dedicated lay-workers in all areas of ministry;
• We have a longstanding, positive ministry to children, both in the local public schools—through Kids Hope USA—and with our own in-house ministries;
• We have strong ties with other churches in our area and are involved in cooperative activities with them as well as with local parachurch organizations.
• We have a burden for our community, and are open to new methods of reaching out and meeting both spiritual and physical needs.
With these things in mind, we are prayerfully seeking our Lord's direction in finding and calling a new senior pastor.
Below are a few characteristics and qualifications that we seek in our new senior pastor.
Characteristics – We are seeking in a senior pastor . . .
• One who is confident of a personal call to pastoral ministry and is Baptistic in belief;
• One who has a deep love for people expressed in an outgoing and engaging personality;
• One with a passion for planning worship and for preaching the Word with power, authority, and excitement;
• One who spends much time in prayer and earnestly seeks the Holy Spirit’s leading in life and in ministry;
• One who seeks to express the love of Christ to the flock within the fold and has a strong desire to reach out to the greater community and the world beyond;
• One who can cast a vision for the direction and future of our church and bring folks on-board to move the church forward;
• One who is effective in planning and implementing all aspects of church ministry including worship, teaching, discipleship, and missions;
• One who is proven and effective in church administration including staff management, financial, and budgetary concerns.
Qualifications – We are seeking in a senior pastor . . .
• One who is a pastor, a preacher, and a teacher with strong biblical and theological underpinnings, who is in agreement with the church’s Articles of Faith (see: http://bethelfruitport.com/index.cfm?i=3478&mid=3);
• One who is a self-motivated leader, possessing strong people skills, who is also humble in spirit;
• One who, ideally, possesses a college degree relevant to church ministries—seminary education desired;
• One with a minimum of 5 years experience as a senior or associate pastor who is a skilled and effective administrator, also able to motivate and direct staff and lay-workers;
• One who is a counselor for those in time of need or crisis, and a mediator where those skills are needed.
If you believe that you have the characteristics and qualifications above and are interested in consideration for this position, we would be pleased to review your resume, personal statement of faith, and doctrinal position statement as a first step toward getting to know you. Please forward these items and any additional relevant information that you think we may find helpful. Your information can be emailed or sent by mail as follows:
C/O: Mike Keur
Subject: Pastoral Search
Mail: Mike Keur/Confidential
Fruitport Bethel Baptist Church
231 Oak Street
Fruitport, MI 49415