Currently Heritage Community Church located in Serern, Maryland is looking to fill the Worship Pastor position.Worship is
the proper response of all moral, conscious beings to Jehovah God, ascribing all honor and supreme worth to their Creator-God precisely because He is worthy. While all true worship is God-centered, Christian worship is predominantly Christ-centered. Such worship manifests itself both in adoration and in action. This is to occur in both an individual and corporate worship context, which includes eating, drinking and everything there after.
(1 Chronicles 16:29, Psalms 95:6-7, Psalm 100:2, Matthew 4:10, 1 Corinthians 10:31)The Worship Pastor at HCC is
primarily concerned with nurturing and balancing an understanding of personal and corporate worship in the congregation at every life stage. This is to be pursued while living in the HCC grooves (pg. 3 of HCC Ministry Culture Handbook).Relationship and Duties:The Worship Pastor…
• …reports directly to the Lead Pastor (LP).
• …collaborates with the LP regarding the essential elements of a rich worship experience at HCC. These elements may include but not be limited to; Worship exhortation in service, choir, praise teams, orchestra, testimonies, visual media, set design, etc.
• …operates as a full member of the Core Ministry Team (CMT).
• ...has a Bachelors degree or higher in Worship Ministry or a related field.
• ...needs to have a good working knowledge of choir and orchestral musicianship.
• ...is proficient in vocals and either guitar or piano.
• …is responsible for the creation and updating the Sunday service schedules and their distribution.
• …in cooperation with other members of the CMT; recruits, trains and maintains worship facilitators at every life stage and Sunday services.
• …develops talent with in the congregation related to the creative arts.
• …collaborates with the Student Ministries Pastor regarding any denominational teen talent development on the state and national level.
• …understands that a well-rounded worship theology and experience includes more than music.
• …will develop/procure curriculum and teach a 501-Worship CLASS in the Life Development Process for the general congregation.
• …takes the lead regarding two church wide outreach productions per year during Christmas and Easter.
• ...leads the weekly Sunday Sync meeting.
• ...nurtures the spiritual health and well being of the Worship Ministry personnel with devotions, encouragement, pastoral care, retreats, etc.
• ...Is singularly responsible for the overall quality of the Sunday worship experience. This quality control includes audio visual elements, music, furniture arrangement, service order, etc.
• …will commit to the faithful execution of the responsibilities noted above and any others that the Lead Pastor deems necessary.To Apply for this position please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to the attenion of Steve Hall Lead Pastor at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org ...thank you.