This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 09/07/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
WHO WE ARE:
Can we sum it up in a paragraph? Nope. But we'll try anyway. We are a diverse, community of average and unpretentious people who are trying to learn to follow Jesus in the midst of everyday life. We're a fairly young, non-denominational church that is leaning heavily on the leading and strength of God and doing our best to hold on and not get in His way. In the past few years we've seen God bring growth to every part of our life together- and we've got a hunch that this is only the beginning. We believe that the Story we are living in is primarily relational, so our stated, daily mission is to "Build relationships that God can use to change things." And to His credit- He is. We're aspiring to love God, each other and the world around us well and deeply. Time and again we find ourselves shaking our heads in wonder at the unique, healthy, flexible, authentic, healing Kingdom outpost that God is growing us into.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR::
Obviously, we don't know exactly who you are yet or we'd just save a step and call you directly. So, we're hoping God might use this posting to connect us with each other. We are looking for an additional servant leader to join our team.
Providing leadership to our Student Ministries (6th-12th grades) will be the key focus of this role. Our previous youth pastor did a great job laying a solid foundation that is ready to be built upon. We've got some fantastic teens and an established team of quality adult volunteers who are hands on in the ministry and love the students. And we can't wait to see what God will do next with this part of our church life.
We are a diverse community- with people from many different backgrounds and heritages. We affirm women in leadership roles and encourage candidates of all genders and races to apply.
While not offered as a comprehensive list, we believe the right candidate will:
- Be relational and find life and energy through investing in people.
- Be excited to serve in our specific church community and vibe with our unique ethos and identity.
- Have some previous experience leading a student ministry.
- Look beyond themselves and their knowledge and experience to seek and rely on God's leading for the ministry.
- Be striving to follow Jesus in real, everyday ways- leading first and foremost from their authentic life with God.
- Focus on doing and loving not just knowing or telling.
- Demonstrate a level of spiritual and life maturity, regardless of their age.
- Want to lead others and help them grow and serve- not do all the ministry themselves.
- Desire to be a part of a church that hasn't arrived, doesn't have it all figured out and is willing to go where God leads.
- Be gifted, passionate and humble.
- Desire to keep growing personally and professionally- possibly even changing roles as our community continues to evolve and expand.
- Be a self-starter that also wants to be a part of a team.
- Be drawn towards an organic approach that provides just enough structure while keeping in mind that one size doesn't often fit all when it comes to a community full of people seeking and walking with Jesus.
Interested? Want more info? Contact Fred (email@example.com) and/or send your resume and a link to a teaching sample, blog, website, facebook page, etc.
(NOTE: We've previously listed this as a full-time position w/a split focus of 1/2 youth and 1/2 adult associate ministry. That option is still on the table. If you are interested in that kind of full-time role, please mention it when you apply.)