This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Christian Arts
Indiana Ave. Baptist Church
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/02/2010
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Indiana Ave. Baptist Church is seeking a Minister of Christian Arts who is passionate for God, His people, and who has the ability to lead in both traditional and contemporary settings.
IABC has a great blend of styles and demographics. We offer two Sunday morning worship services. One is a little more traditional and the other is a little more contemporary. The Minister of Christian Arts should be able to work with and lead choir, orchestra, and praise bands. This individual will also provide oversight in all areas of the music ministries of IABC.
The Minister of Christian Arts must generally fulfill the spiritual qualifications of an elder as set forth in the Bible since he is a minister of the Gospel serving in a specialized area. He must be called by God, an avid student of the Bible and possess adequate training in church music. He must live in full accord with the church’s policies, procedures, and must support the total church program of worship, teaching, missions, fellowship, evangelism and stewardship.
Other qualifications generally include:
• Daily walk with Jesus Christ, seeking His mind and growing in obedience to Him
• Positive, enthusiastic attitude
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Stay informed on software and technology as it relates to the music ministry of the church.
• Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written formats.
• Education and Ordination is a plus
Ministry Duties Include
• Provide a daily model of a life lived in fellowship and growth with God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ
• Make hospital visits to church members
• Plan, organize, conduct, and evaluate a comprehensive music program.
• Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar
• Participate in planning and promoting a graded choir program
• Assist the pastor in planning all services of worship
• Assist in providing music for funerals, special events and other church related activities
• Oversee the music library and music equipment
• Keep informed of new music and materials
• Provide appropriate music for seasonal specials such as Easter, Christmas, etc.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org