This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music Ministries
Mount Hermon Baptist Church
Danville, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 09/02/2010
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRIES
Mount Hermon Baptist Church, a Southern Baptist Church in Danville, Virginia, is seeking a dynamic individual to lead and direct its music ministries and to participate in the life and ministry of the entire church.
Potential candidates will possess a combination of skills and education making them capable of leading a robust and vibrant music ministry that incorporates graded choirs from pre-school through senior adult, handbell choirs, drama, creative arts, musical ensembles and soloist. The Director will also be responsible, in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and other team members, for planning worship services that are clearly aimed at drawing the congregation to the worship and praise of our Lord Jesus Christ. Vitally important to this position is the ability and passion to work with volunteers and to recruit, mentor, and train others in using their gifts for the glory of God.
Mount Hermon Baptist Church has two worship services on Sunday mornings and an evening worship service on Sunday evenings. A mid-week prayer service is held on Wednesday evenings. Both Sunday morning worship services are identical and use a blended style of worship music.
Danville, Virginia is located in the heart of the Piedmont of Virginia, conveniently located between the mountains and the seashore and within driving distance of the metropolitan areas of Richmond, VA, Washington, DC, and Raleigh/Durham, NC.
Principal Function: Direct the planning, coordination, operation and evaluation of a comprehensive Music Ministry.
Responsible to: The Pastor
1. Coordinate the Church Music Ministry, with the advice of the Music Council, in determining church music goals and organization in coordination with the church calendar and special emphasis programs.
2. Plan the congregational services with the coordination and oversight of the senior pastor.
3. Enlist and direct music groups and congregational singing.
4. Enlist, train, and supervise the work of all music leaders in the Music Ministry in cooperation with the church nominating committee; delegate work and responsibility as needed.
5. Recommend and supervise paid and volunteer music staff with the approval of the Pastor, Personnel Committee, or Nominating Committee as such would apply.
6. Demonstrate an appreciation for a variety of music styles that glorify God and extend the gospel message to people of various ages and cultural backgrounds.
7. Encourage and affirm directors, accompanists, and members of all the choirs and ensembles in the church and foster new groups to form.
8. Provide and coordinate experiences for gifted musicians of various styles to perform in worship services and special events.
9. Provide the resources needed by the choirs and ensembles, such as counsel, music, and technology/equipment and coordinate activities with the sound/media committee.
10. Strive to balance opportunities for Christian music styles such as traditional, gospel, and contemporary. Incorporate all styles of church music in the adult choir.
11. Research new hymnals.
12. Develop ongoing special music events and activities for children.
13. Consult with wedding parties regarding appropriate music for weddings. Be available to assist with music needs of funerals held in the church.
14. Coordinate the performance schedules of music groups, instrumentalists and individuals in the functions of the church.
15. Direct and supervise a Music Ministry plan of visitation and enlistment.
16. Supervise the maintenance of and additions to the music library. Provide music materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the church's programs.
17. Utilize current music methods, materials, promotion, and administration, where appropriate.
18. Cooperate with association, state and convention leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
19. Prepare and administer the Music Ministry budget to be recommended to the Finance Committee.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
More information about Mount Hermon Baptist Church and its ministries may be found at our website: http://www.mthermonchurch.org/index.html
If you feel God’s leading and are qualified to fill this role, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com