This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Riverside, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/01/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Elementary Director
Reports To: Director of Family Ministries
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Revision Update: July 2010
SUMMARY: The vision for this ministry is to equip elementary age children with the basics of Christianity. The core function of this position is to provide the opportunity for elementary age children to develop a relationship with Christ, learning what it means to be real with ourselves, others, and God in a loving and safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruit, shepherd, and empower volunteers.
2. Build, train, equip, and oversee ministry teams.
3. Produce Pipeline (elementary age) services on Sundays.
4. Assist in planning and selecting curriculum.
5. Plan and execute activities and events for Pipeline (elementary age) families.
6. Minister to families on and off site.
7. Maintain excellent and reliable communication with staff, volunteers, and families.
8. Be a resource for and provide spiritual counseling to families as necessary.
9. Develop next steps for programming.
10. Be a torchbearer of the vision of Sandals Church and Pipeline.
11. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervise volunteers and children. Carry out supervisory responsibilities with high standards of excellence, in accordance with Sandals’ policies, and biblical principles. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, and training volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and managing volunteers; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Relate well with children and parents.
• Manage and lead people.
• Organize and prioritize ideas.
• Maintain a system that supports weekly services and activities.
• Work as a team.
• Maintain a teachable attitude.
• Inspire and organize volunteers.
• Delegate tasks.
• Utilize computer skills
• Maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
• Have fun and make fun of yourself.
• Meet deadlines.
• Plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
• Interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years working with children; Minimum bachelors degree, masters a plus; Experience leading a team; Experience public speaking and/or teaching.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 15 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
In order to be considered for the position, a statement of faith and a summary of what Sandals Church’s vision of Being Real with Ourselves, Others and God means to you and how it has shaped your life are required. Submit a completed application (found on sandalsgroups.com), the statement of faith and your summary about our vision, along with a resume and three letters of recommendation, to the church office located at 150 Palmyrita Ave., Riverside, CA 92507 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: open until filled.