This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sanctuary United Methodist
North Wales, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 08/25/2010
Categories: Communications - Secretarial/Office
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
POSITION: Administrative Assistant – 20 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to oversee the Church’s Ministry Office needs, including working with the Lead Pastor and other Ministry Leadership of the Church. The Admin Assistant will recruit and train volunteers who can help with the “clerical” needs such as mailings, copying, folding, and typing of various kinds of communication resources.
QUALIFICATIONS – To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be a Christian and demonstrate faith as well as support the Foundation of Trust of Sanctuary UMC
o A copy of the Foundation will be sent after inquiry is made regarding the position.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to many different personality types and ages.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions.
• The ability to work effectively and efficiently in team situations and ability to work independently.
• Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems.
• The ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people, conveying a genuine concern for their needs and a desire to provide exceptional service.
• Creative, with a passion for seeing people get involved in the life of the church.
• High energy, hard working, with an ability to motivate others.
• Detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• "Provides support and recognition to volunteer leaders".
• Maintain Servant Keeper Data base and accurately record and keep updated names, addresses and phone numbers and email addresses and other pertinent information on members and participants at Sanctuary.
• Participate in regular meetings with the Lead Pastor.
• Prepare a budget for Administrative Office needs.
• Keep track of details for Pastor such as maintaining calendar, follow-up calls, etc.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
• Comfortable creating graphics for sermons enhanced online newsletter, etc.
• Help supporting the website with updates (e.g. the monthly calendar)
• Interested in both completing the task and completing it well
• Aptitude for using computer application such as Servant Keeper
• Attend leadership meetings, take & publish minutes, follow-up on action items, etc.
• Absolute integrity and able to maintain confidentiality
• Be a member in good standing of a local church.
• Self starter
• Flexible for whatever needs to be done within the administrative assistant role as defined by SPR
• Able to do financial recording and other basic bookkeeping needs.